Monday, February 3, 2014

Can a 50 inch Plasma TV be used as a computer monitor?




Lobster


I am planning on buying a flat panel plasma TV, and I was also hoping to use it as my computer monitor. I am thinking of purchasing the Samsung LA50Q7HDX, which has a native resolution of 1024x768 and HDMI inputs. Having said that, I am looking to purchase a video card that has HDMI output (expensive). I am mainly concerned about display quality as I use the computer for both work and gaming.

Do I have to adjust the display to widescreen on the computer? Feel free to let me know what you guys think.



Answer
if your new plasma has a monitor input,ie vga or dvi plug,then you can connect your pc easily to it.you will need to find out what outputs your graphics card will have. most have s-video and dvi so these would be perfect to use for a connection. recommend dvi over s-video.once you have made the connection then look on your pc under appearence and themes,display,monitor and see if your plasma is available to select as a second monitor.or even better do it with your graphics card software.with nvidia you can have two monitor and ghost the picture to your plasma,all the adjustments can be made here to get the resolution,picture format etc sorted.
should be straight forward. good luck.
ps. you can also use s-video to scart on the plasma,but the quality will be poor on a large screen,and you will need scart addapters etc.

Help with gaming computers?




Deleno Gri


Here is what I have. Basically I'm asking what I'll will need to start gaming. I'm not looking for a top of the line gaming computer, just an average one, my budget is probably $50.

4 GB DDR2
AMD Phenom X4 9100e
Quad core processor
1.8 GHz, 4x 512 KB Cache
3200 MHz FSB

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Integrated graphics

640 HD

2 Firewire (IEEE 1394)
6 USB 2.0 10/100/1000 Mbps
Ethernet LAN
1 HDMI port

Monitor:
HD1900 HD LCD Display
19" 1440 x 900
720p HD ready
1000:1 Contrast Ratio

Also, should HDMI make a difference, or stick with VGA?
Alright, what about games like Team Fortress or those that came out maybe a year or two ago? And with a budget of $100 this time?
How do I upgrade a Quad core processor, and is my current one enough?



Answer
By $50, I'm guessing you mean $500. Now the computer you listed there is alright. I have that integrated graphics card on my dad's computer. It's okay really. It can play all your basic games. COD4, CS:S. But nothing great like Crysis or Far Cry 2 that I play on my 9800 GT. HDMI gets you better video quality but I'm still using VGA, since my monitor supports the ghetto input. That processor is kinda suckish. But If you're not playing awesome games like Crysis, etc. It will pass. The RAM is enough for anything. So is the hard drive. It's okay, but I'm sure you could do better on $500.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can a 50 inch Plasma TV be used as a computer monitor?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment