Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Gaming monitor or tv?




Felix


I am building my PC and Should I spend money on a 19" monitor or is a tv good enough? (my tv uses HDMI sockets and it is a 32" toshiba LCD)


Answer
Well most tvs are not made for gaming. So they have much higher response times, so you will get a lag in between what is actually happening and what you see.
So you want to sue a tv or monitor with less the a 5ms response time (the lower the better, as 1ms can be difference between living and dying).
So maybe do some research on your tv, find out the response time on it.

Also if you are using a tv, you should make sure its capable of 1080P (1920x1080) resolutions.

Looking for a gaming monitor.?




Billy


With the new consoles coming out and a confirmed 60 FPS I'm looking for a gaming monitor. I'm looking for a size of around 24 inches and 1ms response time. Now I do have a question within my question, does the fact that the games will run at 60 FPS mean I will require 60Hz, or to get the best performance do I require 120 FPS?
I'm looking for an answer to that question, and then with that knowledge a recommendation. Preferably around £200 though I'm willing to go higher for a quality product and going lower is always nice too!
Thanks in advance!



Answer
You will require a 60Hz screen at least. Though many screens are coming as 70-75Hz as standard now. I wouldn't get a 120Hz screen for a a console.

If you have a good PC maybe. They don't have FPS caps. The reason why consoles have it as it slighty increases performances and it means you don't have massive fluctuations.

Samsung make good screens.


And LED screens have very fast response times and lower power usage and don't break as easy for pretty much the same price. Considering I bought a 23 inch Samsung LED with a 2ms response time for $190 NZD you won't struggle to find a 24 inch LED.


There's isn't a difference at all to the human eye between 1ms and 2ms.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Gaming monitor or tv?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment