Wednesday, February 5, 2014

PS4 or PC gaming rig, which is the better option?




Wizord


Hello all,

This December, I have the option of getting either a PS4 or a PC gaming rig. I am NOT a computer hardware expert, but I am having trouble deciding between:

a $750(ish) custom gaming rig

OR

a 400 (to $500 with games and stuff) PS4.


If there are any console and gaming PC owners out there, I'd like to know which is a better investment of my money. If it matters, I'll be using a large TV screen as the "monitor" for the gaming rig, as it will be exclusively for gaming.


Thanks for any advice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A59M9uKphXM

Basis for the build so far; with about $100 room to upgrade from there.



Answer
A gaming console is a cheaper, more simplistic option. The console will stay the same, meaning that you won't have to worry about changing hardware. You just buy the console, buy the games and play the games. And it stays that simple.

A PC requires you to know a thing or two about computer components. It can be quite confusing for someone who doesn't know much. Not saying that it's impossible to learn. I learned from scratch and now I can comfortably sustain my PC. Unlike consoles, you won't have to buy a whole new system every few years.

You can just upgrade the Graphics Card of a PC. Don't be mislead though, as when a new graphics card comes to the market it can cost anything from $700 - $1000+. You will most likely have to wait for the price to go down and by that time there will be a newer card on the market.

You can also use your large TV for the computer as well. It has to be powerful enough to run on that bad boy though ;).

Just some information in case you decide to build a PC. The graphics card in the PS4 and Xbox One are equivalent to the Nvidia GTX570. If you want better performance, you'll need to get a better card.

Conclusion,
I personally would choose the PC as a computer isn't only for games. It's for EVERYTHING including games, movies, social media! It all depends. Are you willing to sacrifice performance for simplicity? Or are you willing to learn about computer hardware to sustain a kickas* PC? The choice is yours.

Good Luck :)

19 inch monitor too small for gaming?




Cian Bradl


Hello I have a 19 inch pc monitor that is somewhat HD but I will soon be getting a GTX 560 graphics card, will the card be able. to run at it,s full potentiol? I don't usualy play high end games but I was planning on getting skyrim. Should I consider getting a larger monitor or will mine suffice for the time being?


Answer
You need to list your screen resolution. Are you at 1440x900, 1366x768? The GTX 560 will easily run any game at Ultra settings on a 19" display. For that matter, a GTX 460 will do the same. Even a GTX 550ti will run the newest DX 11 games at Ultra on a 1666x768 display.

The GTX 560 can run the newest games at High Setting on a 1080p monitor.

I don't know if you need to worry about it too much. It will enhance your gaming to just have a better monitor. Since monitors are always at their cheapest this time of year, you might as well look at buying one before christmas.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: PS4 or PC gaming rig, which is the better option?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment