Monday, June 2, 2014

Gaming monitor or tv?




Felix


I am building my PC and Should I spend money on a 19" monitor or is a tv good enough? (my tv uses HDMI sockets and it is a 32" toshiba LCD)


Answer
Well most tvs are not made for gaming. So they have much higher response times, so you will get a lag in between what is actually happening and what you see.
So you want to sue a tv or monitor with less the a 5ms response time (the lower the better, as 1ms can be difference between living and dying).
So maybe do some research on your tv, find out the response time on it.

Also if you are using a tv, you should make sure its capable of 1080P (1920x1080) resolutions.

Computer monitor upgrade?




TriNStylZ


Alright, so my monitor took a chit so I'm going to just replace it. I have a basic Dell Dimension 2400 (bought it in Feb i think sometime between 2005-2007). I just want to know what monitors I could use...any recommendations or suggestions? Right now I'm thinking about just getting one from Dell (I'm not getting a used/refurbished monitor so omit that) but give me some suggestions. Price isn't a matter, but something that isn't expensive would be great (more of my money goes to my guitars, amps, the laptop i'm going to get next year, etc). Thanks a bunch!


Answer
well it depends if you are gaming or editing photos/video then you should consider a monitor that is of higher quality
but if you are just using it for music internet email i think a 17 - 19 inch should suffice brand wise tbh theyre all the same these days but make sure you dont get the ones with crappy speakers mounted on like i did:(
it looks crappy cos i got my guitar amp and my and my 5.1 speakers then the crappy ones stuck to the monitor...
i am a big fan of hannspree atm i got the X-MS new york which is ok19 inch wide... it has DVI and DSub
also if you see 2 monitors same spec but one is more expensive because its a 'better' brand just get the cheaper one because neither will really last longer if you look after them properly...
dual monitors is also a good consideration i have tried it and its great but i dont have enough room on my desk and again if you are just useing email internet and music stuffs dont waste your money...
from a fellow guitarist.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Gaming monitor or tv?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment