Monday, June 9, 2014

Need a gaming monitor...on a budget!?







I don't have the cash to shell out $500+ for a nice BenQ that MLG is using now...but i want something with (in order of importance):

1. VERY LITTLE INPUT LAG
2 (tie). Decent refresh rate (60hz+) and decent response time (5ms or lower)
3. Decent resolution (picture quality)...If I'm on a 1080p-capable monitor at a LAN, i've been told to play at 720p to keep the input lag really low, and everything really smooth. But idk if I would still be ok playing on 720p if that's what the thing maxes out at...btw the only inputs i need it to have are VGA and HDMI, anything else is a bonus. It doesn't even need speakers (I have a headset and I won't be watching tv on it at all).

Tips? I am playing on my tube tv right now because the input lag is virtually non-existent...but i want something with moderately better picture quality, with similar input lag. Hopefully for around $150 or less?
Ah yes, and viewing angle is meaningless to me. I'll be playing on it, and will be the only one viewing it like 99.9% of the time, so idk if the person next to me can see it clearly. I'm a competitor first!



Answer
What they said about monitors at your LAN is pure bullshit, you won't run into any input lag problems unless your computer is too weak to run the games at 60 fps.

As for your question, the Asus VE228H is a brilliant monitor, cheap, kicks ass, beats some 300 dollar monitors I have used.

Which monitor should I buy?




K.S. John


I want to buy a new monitor for gaming and just everyday usage so it was either the Asus VS247H-P 23.6-Inch or the BenQ RL2455HM. I might want to get into MLG gaming too. I know the response time diff is by 1 ms and that the Asus is an LCD while the BenQ is LED. I dont know if that really matters, but the Asus comes with a 3 year warranty while the BenQ comes with just 1 year. The Asus is also cheaper, but I want to get the best for what I pay for. I am not just preferring those two any other suggestion would be nice. I am kinda leaning towards the BenQ just because it has more connectors in the back.
Well I have an Elgato game capture card, but I dont know what I will need that extra HDMI for. I might dual monitor, but I'm not sure.
My youtube Channel is http://www.youtube.com/TheNhuansta



Answer
there is no set standard for monitors, so the 1ms response time difference is irrelevant. take the benq for the additional hdmi port.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Need a gaming monitor...on a budget!?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment