Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Xbox One/PS4 Consoles. Will it support 120hz monitors without extra lag?




Chris S


I was wondering if the new Xbox One/PS4 will support 120hz monitors? because i know the xbox360/ps3 only do 60hz, well from what i heard. Yes i know you can do 120hz on the xbox360/ps3 but there is some extra lag do it. So my main question are the next gen of consoles which is Xbox One/PS4 will be able to support the 120hz with no issues?

Can somebody please school me on this? Need to know this, i want to get ready for the next gen of consoles. Please give me more info as much as possible.

Just FYI, I am only talking about monitors... not plasma or hdtv tv.. Just monitors as they use at the MLG tournments.. Just making sure you guys get me.



Answer
"Yes i know you can do 120hz on the xbox360/ps3 "

No they don't. Consoles are V-synced to 60 hz at most in order to provide a more consistent frame rate. Frame rate variations are more noticeable without V-sync. For example BF3 on consoles is locked at 30 FPS, because the PS3 and 360 struggle with that game and while they could exceed 30 FPS in different parts of the game, having it go from 60 FPS down to 20 FPS and back up again would make for substandard gameplay.

I would imagine that the next gen consoles will probably default to 60hz in most games, but since 120hz TVs are more prevalent now (they were basically unheard off when the 360/PS3 came out), there might be support for them in some games. I don't know for sure, it would probably be a decision that the game developer would chose to do depending on the game. Obviously a less graphics intense game would be more apt to support that kind of refresh rate than a really graphics-heavy game like Crysis 3 or BF4 would.

I don't think you understand how monitor refresh rate work though. If a game's frame rate lags on a 120 hz monitor, it's going to lag on a 60hz monitor as well. Lag means that the frame rate has dropped to a noticeably low level. In which case the higher refresh rate of a 120 hz monitor is irreverent. All a 120 hz monitor does is enable frame rates of over 60 FPS to be displayed correctly without tearing, which makes for very smooth animation provided your PC/console can run games fast enough to support it.

What is the best gaming monitor/tv?

Q. Alright, so I'm looking to buy a monitor that:

Can function as both a computer and a TV so I can play my xbox 360 on it and also connect my laptop to it.

Needs to be HD


Needs to have a low video response time (like 5 ms) so that will give me an advantage when I play games online, etc.

Needs to be around 250 bucks or less

Needs to look cool






So basically I'm looking for something like the TV used by pro gamers in MLG tournaments or something along those lines...

So far I've found out about one good monitor, known as the Samsung Syncmaster T220HD, is that my best option? I really want something that will enhance my gaming experience but also give me a bigger advantage when I play online.


Answer
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors/lcd/x-series/vx2262wm.htm

Connections:
Video: VGA connection
Audio: RCA
Audio Adapter: 3.5mm STEREO PLUG/RCA JACK x 2 Y-CABLE
Audio 2: Astro Mixamp connected via TOSlink
(Interested in what equipment is allowed to be used with the Astro Mixamp? Click here.)

Settings:
Display: 1680x1050
Screen Format: Widescreen
Reference Levels: Intermediate


THATS THE BEST! :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Xbox One/PS4 Consoles. Will it support 120hz monitors without extra lag?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment