Tuesday, June 3, 2014

LCD monitor for Gaming?




usaisthebe


2ms vs. 5ms. Contrast ratio of 700 vs. 3000. Is a 50% price difference worth it? I have a great CRT which I plan to use as my main monitor, but want a 2nd setup for playing 2 WOW accounts at the same time. Save the money and get something to get me by for a year untill the higher grade monitor is cheaper and go for a triple monitor setup or don't bother as I won't be happy with the lower quality LCD?


Answer
The 2ms monitor is perfect for gaming. The other one may have problems in displaying frames when the game's "movie" is very fast.

5ms vs. 2ms response time in an LCD TV?




Anthony


Hi,

I'm going to purchase a LG LCD TV to use in my dorm room that will double as a tv and a computer moniter. I heard that the response time is important when looking for a comupter monitor, and I was wondering if a TV with a response time of 5ms would work well, or if I should look for something better (like 2ms).

Thanks
Actually, Dexter D, a 2ms response time is faster than a 5ms.
The LG tv that I'm looking at buying has a 5ms reponse time. What I am wondering is if that will work well to use as a computer screen and tv, or if I should look into other tvs. I have not found any small tv with under 5ms response time.



Answer
For what you want out of it, the 2ms LCD should be fine!

However, if you plan on watching sports, movies or doing some gaming...a Plasma would be best. A Plasma's response time is .001ms! That 2,000 times faster then a LCD with a 2ms time! The faster the response time, the sharper fast motion content looks. And nothing beats a Plasma's response time(near instant)! If you're worried about the Plasma myths, see this site: http://www.plasma-lcd-facts.co.uk/myths/response/

However, Plasma's are harder to make into monitors unless your computer has a DVI or HDMI output! But if it's a computer geared towards HD, it should have one or both of these outputs anyway!

If you're comfortable with the LG LCD, get the 2ms TV. If not, get a Panasonic Plasma TV...you won't be disappointed!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: LCD monitor for Gaming?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment