Sunday, June 15, 2014

What's the BEST computer for gaming?




BBU


I'm looking for a laptop that's fast enough for my Playstation games to work on my Laptop. Mine isn't fast enough, and I've been looking for a new laptop.. so.... Any suggestions? I have emulators from Gameboys to Playstations. But the only thing that lags on my laptop, are the bigger consoles. So.. pleeeeeeeeaaaasee help me!
I have a Samsung Laptop
Intel Core i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz
Internal Memory Ram: 4.00 GB
64-bit Operating System.

I'd like to have a faster laptop, for gaming. And I've deleted most of the junk things on my laptop, I can't delete the importants. And I certainly am not willing to go and change any memory page, or relating to that, what so ever, to make my laptop faster. I went through that before, when I was 10, and I messed up really bad. Computer died, because I messed with the "memory page" whatever it's called.



Answer
You need to look up the emulators/games to see what their hardware requirements are before anyone can be of any real help. It all depends upon how demanding the games are. We don't even know what you have to make the slightest guess. It could be a basic low end laptop or it could need to be a full out gaming rig.

Take a look at these rankings:
http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-worst-notebook-brands-2013/3

For a real gaming laptop, they start around $750:
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landing_pages/ideapad/gaming-pcs
http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/Gaming_Products/

Lenovo, Asus, HP, and Samsung are the top 4 laptop brands. I wouldn't consider any other brands.

Dell makes Alienware and they are not worth the money charged.
Acer makes Gateway. You'd have to pay me to use one of their machines.
Sony hardware has generally been good, but they are notorious for putting huge amounts of crapware/bloatware on machines and gathering information on their consumers without their knowledge or permission.
Toshiba has bottomed the rankings. Personally, I have used them and never had a problem, but that does not appear to be the case any more.

What is the best of the best brand of Laptop computers to buy?




Ashley


I'm looking to buy a new computer, but I don't know what the best brand would be to get? I basicly just use my computer for the internet, games, and Itunes. What do you recommend???:)


Answer
There is no "best brand". You start at price and decide features that are most important to you.
In general, Samsung, Apple, Lenovo Ideapads and Thinkpads, Asus, MSI, Sony and Toshiba that is not Satellite are in the upper half.

HP-Compaq, HP-Pavilion, Dell Inspiron, Acer-Gateway, Lenovo Essentials, Toshiba Satellite are all in the bottom half, and better grades of HP and Dell could be OK.

Gaming needs GPU Graphics power and which games determine how much.
A higher resolution screen is a big plus.
A better CPU helps.
Lighter in weight is often good.
This is CPU+Graphics
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmarklist.2436.0.html
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

Brand is only one factor. Apple tends to cost a lot of money for the cpu, graphics, ram, and is not software compatible to most gaming without adding Windows. Generally, the price is 50% higher on similar specifications and size/weight, and more than double price if you allow a thicker and heavier system.
http://www.rescuecom.com/news-press-releases/Computer-Reliability-Report-2013.aspx
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2020725/apple-macbooks-lead-in-laptop-features-and-reliability.html
http://www.pcworld.com/article/244419/laptop_reliability_and_satisfaction_macbooks_rule.html
There is no exact consistency by brand.

If you are non-USA, brands by country change for value in the purchase.
A Lenovo Y510p in the USA is a great value at +/- $800.

Those that look at brand first, usually need a lot of help to know good from bad. It is very common in China and India to trust by brand first because technology among people and higher quality items purchasing is very new to most people there. Anyone following trends or any single recommendation without documentation and checking up is not a good way to buy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's the BEST computer for gaming?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment