Friday, April 11, 2014

1982 computers vs 2013 computers?




IIIIIIIIII


Okay, which computers do you think are better? Ones from 1982 vs those coming out in 2013?
I am 19 and I currently am getting a new 2013 computer sometimes soon and one thing I like to do is compare computers then to now,
Yes computers today are way superior to computers in the 80s but when I look at them they seem to have way more cooler programs then the ones we have today. All I do on my laptop is internet and play games. Computers in 1982 can do all of those things but, can play music, do math, and many other major programs. How do you imagine computers in another 30 years? For people who remember 1982 computers how do you think our computers are to back then?



Answer
Computers in 1982 did not even have Windows as an operating system. It wasn't invented until 1985. We didn't use a mouse! Everything was done using the keyboard. Data storage was very different, too. There was no USB flash drive, no CD, Even as late as 1986 when I was in graduate school at the University of Texas, we used IBM punch cards to run all our programs with. If you dropped a box of those, you were royally screwed. I don't remember any of the games from back then because I didn't play any. Considering the internet just turned 30 years old a week or so ago, who knows what it will be like in another 30 years! :-)

Need help building a gaming computer?




Corey


I am planning on building my own gaming computer on www.ibuypower.com . The only problem is I don't know whats good to get.. My limit is no more than $1,000. I just want a computer that can run 2013 games on standard settings. Can anyone help me with this?

My main issue are three things that i need help with:

1) Which NVIDIA graphics card can handle the most dated games on medium settings

2) What INTEL processor can handle the most dated games

3) How many GB of RAM should I have? ( was thinking 8 is more than enough)

I just want to make sure I get my moneys worth before I start spending.

Also, is it possible to get a decent gaming PC around $500?

Thanks for the help guys!



Answer
"dated" means old. I think you mean "most current" games.

Frankly, you worry too much. Just take one of their default configurations and keep upgrading until you hit the top of your budget.

8 is good, 12 or 16 is better. You can always make a RAM drive to make bootup even faster than SSD.

You can make one that will do "medium" graphics in most games for $500 w/o monitor and keyboard/mouse/OS. I think Extremetech or Ars Technica has a budget box build that's around that vicinity.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 1982 computers vs 2013 computers?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment