Sunday, April 27, 2014

WS Monitors vs Regular Monitors?

Q. This is my desktop: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1jeIV
And I've been looking at this monitor: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/747880-REG/ASUS_VE248H_VE248H_24_LED_Backlit.html

I am mainly playing games on my desktop, I will be playing games like Skyrim, Rome: Total War, Arma, just some games like those if that changes anything. So thanks for any opinions y'all can give me on helping me decide.
I've heard Samsung makes the best monitors, but I haven't actually looked too deeply into monitors. I just recently created my first PC so I don't have much money right now either so I'm looking for something around $200 and below.


Answer
The difference between Widescreen (16:9 or 16:10) and Non-Widescreen (4:3) monitors is what resolutions they can support. A list of resolutions they could support is here http://www.ngohq.com/peripheral-equipment/13167-4-3-and-widescreen-resolutions-list.html . Be aware though that your monitor may not support all of the listed resolutions.

Good Desktop for gaming?




Tim


Ok, since Christmas's coming up I want a new desktop. I have a laptop now and can't really run any games on it. So I made a desktop on the dell site.
PROCESSOR Intel®Pentium® dual-core processor E2160 (1MB L2,1.80GHz,800 FSB)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
MONITOR 17 inch SE178WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
MEMORY 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs
HARD DRIVE 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ¢
OPTICAL DRIVE 48X CDRW/DVD Combo Drive edit
VIDEO CARD 256MB ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO edit
SOUND Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
KEYBOARD & MOUSE Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse
FLOPPY & MEDIA READER No Floppy Drive Included
MODEM & WIRELESS 56K PCI Data Fax Modem

So do you think I'll be able to handle a few games? (Ex.-Call of Duty 4, World in Conflict)



Answer
It will do ok for gaming. I don't like widescreen monitors for gaming as some games have no settings for them so you'd had a very small display on games that don't have widescreen settings, especially with a 17inch monitor.
I suggest that, if you're building it for gaming, you go with Vista Premium as XP and DirectX 9 are yesterdays news as far as gaming goes. People who play games like Bioshock in DX10 on my Vista gaming rig are awed by the graphics. I'd try for an E6600 cpu also as the 1.8 is on the weak side and is the minimum required for COD4.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: WS Monitors vs Regular Monitors?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment