Thursday, April 24, 2014

What parts should I buy for my gaming computer?

Q. I want to make my own gaming computer, but I would also like to save some money. The most I would want to pay for a computer would be $800. The point is, can anyone give me a good price and performance build for a desktop gaming computer? I plan to use my current monitor, keyboard, and mouse to save some more money. If the parts you suggest are incompatible with certain keyboards, monitors, or mouses please tell me. (I wouldn't know why) I also posted this for the second time because my first post didn't receive a particularly dazzling answer. :P


Answer
If you want a pre-built computer, I would look at this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=ibuypower&x=0&y=0

I know that "iBUYPOWER" sounds like a cheap name, but honestly, I really like them. I bought my current gaming computer from them last February, and I couldn't be happier with it.


If you want to be brave and build it yourself, I would get 1. A motherboard. (You could get a crossfire or SLI capable one, but those are more expensive, not to mention the cost of an extra graphics card.) 2. A processor, personally I prefer AMD, because the price to performance ratio is, in my opinion, much better than Intel. (Make sure the motherboard you buy supports AMD processors, not Intel!) 3. A graphics card. I actually bought an EVGA GTX 570 for $300 about a week ago, excellent performance. High end AMD processors (I would get a quad core, as most applications don't even utilize the extra 2 cores that a 6 core has) usually cost <$200. I would also get some RAM. I would say, for a gaming computer, around 4GB. If you can get more, great.

So here is a summary:

Graphics Card - I would suggest the GTX 570, which is around $300. Or, the AMD 5770, which is what I previously had, that only runs you about $100, and the price/performance ratio is outstanding.

Processor - I would suggest the AMD Phenom II X4 980, it is a quad core with 3.7GHz. That hovers around the $170 price point.

Motherboard - There are so many choices for this, but if you want to go simple without SLI/Crossfire support (If you don't know, SLI means 2 or more NVIDIA cards, and Crossfire means 2 or more AMD cards.), You can get a good motherboard for around 100 bucks, I would just search Newegg or Amazon for one.

RAM - I have heard that Corsair has great RAM, 4GB of theirs will run you around $30.

I'm not sure if you need a hard drive(s), optical drive(s), or a computer case (If you need to buy a case, make sure it is big enough to support all of this, graphics cards can be very large.) but with just those components listed above, you are looking at about $600 for the GTX 570 setup, or $400 for the 5770.

These are just my suggestions, but please, don't go on my word alone, I would do some research to find a computer that works for you.

I hope I helped somewhat, and good luck to you!

What gaming computer should I buy?

Q. Right now I have a little business microtower that is great for simple tasks. It does exactly what it's meant to do, but not any more than that.

It's getting old and I want something new. Preferably a gaming computer that can max out games and not stutter when I have every Adobe product open at once.

I'm a graphic designer and a gamer, so I need a monster of a computer. I'm sick of lag and not being able to play a basic game on the minimal settings. I wanna be able to play games like Skyrim.

Anyways, I have some questions:
What gaming computers can max out games like Skyrim?
Are any of these computers around the $1000 range?
Is there a cheaper way to achieve incredible speed and efficiency without buying a whole new computer?

Any other information would be appreciated. I'm more of a software kind of guy... I never ventured into the territory of hardware.

Thank you!
Thanks Matt. In case you feel like editing your post...

My computer is an hp dc5800. It came loaded with vista, so I suppose it's not super old.

Is it possible to add the newest hardware into this or is it just not new enough?


Answer
Don't "buy" a gaming computer, you'll get ripped off. Do a little research on building computers and put your own together, I've spent £1250 on building my own and it has better specs than these so called "gaming computers" that cost £3500+

A little research goes a long way and will save you a lot of money :) you could probably upgrade your own assuming it's not too old.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What parts should I buy for my gaming computer?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment