Saturday, April 19, 2014

Computer build compatibility question HTPC & Multi Monitor Gaming?




Scotty Pan


Hello there, this is a difficult question, but I'll try to make it simple. I use my computer for an assortment of programs & store files externally, but mainly I use it for 3 things:

1. HTPC (7.1 channel surround sound to external tv and speakers)
2. Multiple Monitor setup (up to 6 monitors using Eyefinity Technology via AMD Catalyst Control Center Radeon video card)
3. Computer Gaming

I have run into difficulty with bringing these key components together, one being that the almighty Windows 7 doesn't use more than ONE playback device at a time & 2.. my current video card doesn't support more than 2 monitors. The Auzentech Sound card I just bought is awesome and solves a lot of problems where 7.1 surround sound is concerned.

But the reason I'm on here is because everyone on AVSforums.com says that sandy bridge is the way to go. But I don't know what... of my existing components will work and what will not? Also I'm really hoping someone can just give me a computer build wishlist that is like the "ideal computer build" for my needs USING MY already purchased & installed components.

See Here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/217828/build_a_3d_home_theater_pc_with_sandy_bridge.html

Here are the key elements of my current build:

COMPATIBILITY
Chipset: Northbridge Intel H55
Processer / CPU: LGA 1156, Core i7 / i5
Memory: DDR3, Dual Channel, 2 x 240 pin, 2 x 8gb
Video: PCI Express 2.1 x 16

OS: Windows 7 32 bit SP1
Case: RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black/Silver 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX
Power Supply (PSU): CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7
CPU: Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80605I5760
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2V LGA 1156 Intel H55 Micro ATX Intel
Memory: Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
Internal HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
DVD / CD Burner: Hitachi/LG GH24LS50 24x DVD±RW DL SATA Drive w/LightScribe
Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100292DDR3L Radeon HD 5450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready
Sound Card: Auzentech AZT-XFHTHD X-Fi HomeTheater HD Sound Card
Monitors: ViewSonic VX2450 w/wm LED | Dynex 32" Class / 720p / 60Hz
Main Screen Resolution: 1360 x 768 - 1080P - 60Hz
HTPC Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Channel Network THX Certified A/V Receiver
HTPC Speakers: Klipsch HD 300 Compact 5.1 High Definition Theater system (Set of Six, Black)

------------------------
I want to buy this video card for multiple monitors using DisplayPort Eyefinity technology:
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5870 1 GB DDR5 PCI-Express Card HD587AZNF9

I want to buy this processor:
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I72600K

I also now need Windows 7 64-bit from what I've read. Sucks. I think I might need a new motherboard, any suggestions of a model? What else what I need to get to fit this configuration that I don't already have?
Oh one more thing, I want a new motherboard with 4 slots (4 x 8gb) RAM memory, instead of the 2 that I have.



Answer
To drive six !!!! monitors you're probably going to need three video cards. And they're going to have to be powerful, especially for that 30-inch display.

Every year Maximum PC magazine builds the hottest machine they can and the 2011 model can probably do what you want. They dropped over $12,000 on it, but a lot of the stuff you aleady have or don't need. For example, they spent $6900 on three monitors, but you already have that. And who needs a $120 mouse? Anyway, here's the article; I'm sure it will give you plenty of ideas.

where can i find a list of games that support multi display multi monitor .,.,.,.,.whatever?




dustin w





Answer
List of games that can span the game image over multiple monitors using ATI's Eyefinity technology on their new HD5000-series of video cards: http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-software.aspx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Computer build compatibility question HTPC & Multi Monitor Gaming?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment