Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Best ATX Case UNDER $100?

Q. I am going to be making a new gaming computer and im on a budget so i need to find a case under a hundred that will fit all of my components, have a good airflow for cooling and that is study enough to last me awhile.

It will need to be able to hold:

1 gtx 480 Nvidia graphics card
1 Corsair h100 liquid cooler
1 Asus p8z77-v pro motherboard
1 Corsair 850w 80 plus bronze
1 blu ray drive
1 fan monitor (2 slots)
1 Seagate 2tb hdd
At least 4 fan spaces (any size fans)


Answer
just got this one its great and has awesome airflow 4 fans and an optional one it should hold your stuff but double check just in case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

Which gaming computer case?







Alright, I am finally down to deciding on my computer case, and there are apparently a lot of really good ones. I want to spend ~$100, can be a little higher if necessary. I will have:

ATI HD 5870
AMD 965 3.4 ghz processor
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X
4 Gig G.Skill Ripjaws RAM

I will be going probably with a mid tower case. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the Antec 900, the CM690 II Advance, LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 or the Cooler Master HAF 922.

Any pros and cons for each would be appreciated, and any other case recommendations are welcome. Also, and idea of how much heat my system will produce and how many fans are needed to cool it well is appreciated, as this is my first real build with anything that really produces heat, lol.

I am personally leaning towards the CM690 II due to its fan potential though I really like the completely tooless design of the lancool case, and I do not understand all the hype over the Antec 900. I personally do not care overly much for a clear side door and much prefer a mesh one, if one is there at all.

So, let the suggestions begin. Or not.



Answer
You mentioned the HAF 922 - I own it's big brother, the 932, and I have to say it is the best I've ever seen.

The HAFs have insanely good cooling, due to a combination of well-planned airflow, cable management, and a crapload of big, custom fans. I actually have a very very similar set up to yours:

On top of that, the HAF just looks awesome. I'm sure you've seen the pictures; a serious, intimidating design - looks like some govt supercomputer built in an underground lab or something.

ATI HD 4890
Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz (overclocked to 3.5)
Asus M4A78 Pro
8GB DDR2-800 RAM

Like I said, I have an overclocked processor, and I'm able to keep it under a constant 100% load with the HAF at around 50 degrees C, often lower. When it's under a more normal load it often hovers underneath 30 degrees.

Some cautions though: I'm able to get those great temps partially because I upgraded from the stock CPU cooler, so even though the HAF plays a huge role it's not entirely responsible. Also, because the frame is made of steel the HAFs are HEAVY!!! My entire rig weighs just over 50 pounds. But again, I have the bigger, full tower case.

As for how many fans you'll need: the fans built into the HAF will be plenty for you. It has a lower number of fans than most cases, but they are gigantic and often end up having a bigger total square inches of fan space, thus they cool better. On my personal rig I replaced the side panel fan with four blue-lit 120mm fans, but that was purely for aesthetic reasons, not for cooling reasons.

One of the keys is that on the HAFs they give you a ton of space behind your rear panel to route all your cables through, so that they aren't cluttering up the main space and obstructing your airflow.

So.... yeah. I recommend the HAF.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best ATX Case UNDER $100?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment