Monday, September 23, 2013

HDTV vs LCD which should I buy in my situation....?

pc gaming on hdtv vs. monitor
 on Ad-supported version of the latest 6-inch Kindle Wi-Fi model is now ...
pc gaming on hdtv vs. monitor image



Johnny


Ok so I am looking for a monitor to use for playing a game on my computer. However, I would also like to have an hdtv monitor to play my Xbox 360 on from time to time. So, I started looking and lcds seem to be alot cheaper. I heard there is a Xbox 360 VGA HD/AV cable for about $40US. I am assuming from the comments this allows for HD with an LCD. Anyone know if I bought one of these and an LCD monitor if I would recieve the same clarity or definition as an HDTV?


Answer
Standard PC monitors have been capable of displaying HD quality resolutions for years before HD was the rage for TV.

The same goes for LCD monitors.

The issue I have is that the VGA HD/AV cable you are talking about might not be of the highest quality and therefore may effect the image quality some, but not much.

You might want to simply look into a LCD television. Most of these are fully capable of doubling as a PC monitor.

1080p HDTV as computer moniter vs. 720p?




Sanh L


will it matter much if i choose between the 1080p HDTV and 720p HDTV to use it as a computer screen to play pc games, watch downloaded blu-ray movies, and watch tv. I have a vizio 32''. I chose the 1080p for 150 dollars more then the 720p. Should I return it and get the 720p?


Answer
Since you're using the display as a computer monitor, I'm assuming that you're sitting closer to it than you would if it was being used as a TV. I once had vizio 42" 720p and i upgraded last year to the vizio 42" 1080p. Despite what many people say, i've noticed a HUGE difference in picture quality when playing my xbox 360. (and that's sitting much farther away from the screen than you probably are) You made a good investment seeing that the HD market is slowly leaning toward the 1080p native format for media. When using an HDTV as an all-media display, you will definitely be able to discern the difference in picture quality between the two sets. Rest assured that you won't regret dropping the extra $150 on the nicer set.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: HDTV vs LCD which should I buy in my situation....?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment