Tuesday, September 24, 2013

How can i change game resolution for GTA IV outside of the game?

gaming monitor resolution
 on Battlefield 3: End Game wallpapers - GameWallpapers.com
gaming monitor resolution image
Q. i tried adding the resolution to the shortcut. Didn't work. I tried setting gta iv to a higher resolution. it worked but when i restarted the game my monitor said "Frequency out of range". What should i do?


Answer
1. Create a shortcut to Launchgtaiv.exe on the desktop.
2. Edit the target field of the shortcut and add âwidth (value) and âheight (value) switches. Start GTA 4 using shortcut to force the new the screen resolution

From there you should be able to change the resolution back and restart the game using the normal exe.

How do I upgrade my computer for better performance?




Kyle


So basically I have a Dell Inspiron 546 and I want to upgrade it. I've thought about buying a new computer, and I've thought about building one myself, but I figure it will be easier to slowly phase out the internal components of the Inspiron with upgrades, until I basically have a fully upgraded computer. This is because I don't have a lot of money saved up, so I can really only afford upgrades one at a time.

Essentially, I want a computer system capable of handling day-to-day usage, as well as online gaming. In a typical day I'll use my computer for Facebook, surfing the web, writing papers for school, and then there's gaming. Mostly I'd like to be able to play games like Battlefield 3 (I also play some Call of Duty, and perhaps will want to play Halo as well. But Battlefield is what I'll play most) without worrying about my computer not being able to keep up. I'd also like to be able to handle newer games (I'm thinking Battlefield 4) without needing to further upgrade my computer.

If you are planning on helping me, keep in mind that while I am willing to pay the price if it is necessary, I'm not necessarily looking for all of the top of the line upgrades.Just something to bring my computer up to par with what it should be.

I do know how to install upgrades, but I don't really know *what* I should be upgrading it with.

And because I'm not really all that knowledgeable about this kind of stuff, I found my performance information on my PC and am pasting it below.


System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Model Inspiron 546
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 596 GB
Disk partition (C:) 534 GB Free (581 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 5 GB Free (15 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
Media drive (F:) CD/DVDCD/DVD

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 4350
Total available graphics memory 2303 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1791 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.590.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1024x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

On a side note, I'm also looking to upgrade my internet so it will be able to keep up while gaming. What is a good MBPS to look for? Mine's at 2.8 right now, and seems rather slow.

So yeah, any help is greatly appreciated. :)
EDIT: I've recently completely wiped the memory, so as it is is basically it's virgin form. Not sure if that greatly impacts what upgrades I'll need, but I think it best that you have all the information I can give you.



Answer
I just checked the specs for your computer. You have integrated graphics card...Here is what you need to do. You system is an AMD computer. So if you upgrade the graphics card.... I HIGHLY recommend only using an AMD card. This will ensure full compatibility. You might run into problems if you use an NVidia card. I had an older NVidia chipset computer that ran perfectly with an NVidia card but when I upgraded to an AMD card, it wouldn't detect the card... So ATI chipsets run better with ATI Cards. Remember that.

Also, you might have to upgrade your Power Supply. Your computer probably came with a 300W Power Supply. Depending on the card, you might need a 450-500W model. Unless you live near a Fry's Electronics, expect to pay about twice as much inside a retail store. You will get a better deal Online, like at Newegg.com.

You have to be careful about the card you buy. You need to MEASURE the amount of space you have. I used to have an HP computer many years ago and I couldn't fit any card inside it because the 24-pin power connector port on the motherboard was located where the end of the graphics card was located.. and when I tried to seat/install the card, it made it about 1/2 inch too high on the slot. I had to buy a Riser card and connect my graphics card to that.. the install the riser card into the PCI Express slot... wasn't pretty but it worked. You need to see how much space you have and check if a full length card can even fit inside. If not, then you'll need to buy a low profile card which is smaller. You probably need about 10" of space for most cards.

Let's recall... you'll only need a Graphics Card and new Power Supply.


RECOMMMENDED UPGRADES

You should consider getting another hard drive. You don't have much space... and if you bought another internal hard drive you would be able to perform Image backups. If you want better performance....then buy an SSD. If you did that install Windows on the SSD, all Drivers.. printer software... Browser... and hardware there too... and then relocated to the other hard drive... My Music, My Pictures, My Videos, Documents and create a folder there called Program Files... then you can install all your games to that folder.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can i change game resolution for GTA IV outside of the game?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment