Friday, September 20, 2013

Is the Inspiron 15r by Dell a good laptop?

best gaming computer deals 2012
 on Top 5 Best Gaming Laptops of 2012 |
best gaming computer deals 2012 image



Michael


Now my high school recommends that students should have laptops. So what i'm looking for is a laptop good for academics, social networking, and media. I've been doing research and it seems that this laptop meets those basic needs. If your a computer wiz or have owned this before, PLEASE tell me what you think :)


Answer
I have to agree with both points from the previous answers, Dell has a very bad track record with everything customer support realated (including failing to uphold their warranty)

Their laptops are also slightly not up to date, as in, you can get superior performance and durability from a cheaper laptop, mainly from Acer, HP samsung ASUS and Toshiba.

I highly advise you look for the A-Type AMD laptops, their basically like a CPU combined with 2 powerful GPU's, dirt cheep quad core dual GPU laptops, I think less then 1 month fresh technology hitting the markets right now.
the prices are skyrocketing up, but im sure you can find an A6 out there NEW for under 450 if you shop around
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-8723332177078543851&id=pcat17080&type=page&lcn=Computers+%26+Tablets&sc=abComputerSP&st=processingtime%3A%3E1900-01-01&usc=abcat0500000&cp=1&sp=%2Bcurrentprice+skuid&nrp=15&qp=cabcat0500000%23%23-1%23%23-1~~cabcat0502000%23%23-1%23%23-1~~f551||414d44~~f546||414d4420467573696f6e~~q70726f63657373696e6774696d653a3e313930302d30312d3031~~cpcmcat247400050000%23%230%23%23x~~nf118||344742&add_to_pkg=false&pagetype=listing

there are also Really nice new things out there, like a little netbook that turns into a pad from ASUS, I believe this is the unit where the first of the Tegra 3 chips where introduced to the public in 2012, tegra is a very big deal by the way.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230218&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA
and its out of stock as we speak, need I say more?

another posible example you might be interested in, is an ultra light ultra low voltage laptop, its not the most powerful, but the battery will be more then ample, IBM is super professional durability and quality, also its powerful enough for everyday schoolwork and moderate graphics design/gaming due to an extremely efficient, very desirable ATi graphics chip built inside.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246115
this laptop series is also, quite legendary amongst people who travel, this is something im considering as a replacement for my LENOVO U350 which is about to turn 3 years old, I do my research well, I suggest you look at the IBM X120 as a serious option.

I would probably avoid Intel graphics, if you are planning on doing any kind of graphics design or gaming.

Which laptop brands is the best?




Xue12


I wish to buy a new laptop(touch screen) recently.I want to buy a laptop(touch screen) that could last long.
If possible, please tell me the best touch screen laptop brand/model.



Answer
Is there a site to watch for good laptop reviews and comments on the brands?

HP - The best laptop is hp. I read HP makes some of the best gaming laptops for the price. Even HP non gaming laptops are suppose to be some of the best.

Acer - I always thought Acer was an average brand. I heard it's total garbage in 2012. I have seen some in stores, the material is quite cheap on most, but hardware wise I don't know nothin' bout em.

ASUS - The one brand I really trust. Had ASUS mobo's and ASUS gpu's. Never have failed me. I have heard now that their customer service is awful and the laptops are quite average.

Lenovo - Don't know much about this brand. All I heard that it was very good.

Sony - Sony seems to have good quality products that are not computers. I have only heard bad things about the Sony VAIO.

Dell - Never liked Dell. Overpriced crap. Dell/Alienware overpriced crap, nuff said.

Samsung - Went with a friend and bought a brand new Samsung laptop last year. Wireless card was broken. Returned it to the store and got a different Samsung. The Hard Drive was clicking - returned on the spot. That's all I can say about them.

Toshiba - a laptop I own. Nothing fancy, not for gaming. Got a deal on it. Hate the touchpad and keyboard is average. Material is average. The charging port was flimsy and broke. Got it fixed though.

Compaq (HP) - other laptop I own. Quite old, AMD 64. Pretty average. Nice keyboard and touchpad, decent screen. Runs very hot though. Try installing Windows and you have to prop the laptop up or the computer will turn off. The DVD drive is slowly failing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is the Inspiron 15r by Dell a good laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment