Monday, September 23, 2013

How can I make my monitor work normally for a video game?

gaming monitor no input lag
 on handheld game accessory description specially designed for psp game ...
gaming monitor no input lag image



Jordan


Hi, I have a 22.5 Inch monitor that I use for my laptop that I hook up to dual screen. I want too play World of Warcraft on it. It works fine and all, but when im on the screen kinda is delayed somewhat. Like when I move my camera it feels like it is really slow and just harder to control then my normal screen. I think it might be a resolution type deal. Can anyone help me out?


Answer
That would be input lag, not really much you can usually do about it.
If theres any post processing effects on the display then turn them off (though usually you only find them in TVs)
definetely set resolution to the maximum of the monitor (or the scaling chip has to scale it before it is displayed)
other than that there aint anything else to do, if thats still not to your satisfaction then you either gotta deal with it or get a new monitor with less input lag.


oh and try setting the refresh rate to 60 if you have it on 75Hz for some monitors with pixel overvolting to reduce the response time 75Hz really messes things up.

Do you need a computer to hook up your xbox to a computer monitor?




The Chewie


Thinking about buying a computer monitor to hook up to my xbox. I've heard people talk about their graphics cards helping the quality, so that makes me think you need a computer for this. Can you not hook up your xbox directly to a monitor? Thanks for the help.


Answer
No, in fact, connecting your Xbox to your computer is the WRONG way to do this. You'd have to buy a video capture card and that, plus Windows, and everything, adds about a 1 second lag to the image which makes it pretty much impossible to play games. The graphics card does nothing to improve the quality.

You will want to connect your Xbox directly to the monitor. Or better yet just buy a small HDTV. That way you'll have speakers as well. Most HDTVs also have a VGA input for older computers, or you can use a HDMI/DVI cable for newer ones.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I make my monitor work normally for a video game?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment