Monday, May 26, 2014

Alienware Monitor, Is 60Hz Refresh rate enough (For gaming)?




Hello


Does the frame rate limited by the monitor screen refresh rate? Also i 60Hz enough. Or will it limit the frame rate per second to 60Fps for example? please help!!


Answer
A monitor with a 60 Hz refresh rate will only be able to display 60 frames per second. However, 60 frames per second is fine for gaming. In fact, your video card might not even be able to output 60 frames per second all the time depending on how demanding the game is (Crysis, anyone?).

When choosing a monitor for gaming, you should pay attention to the response time (the lower the better). I would also try to find a review for the monitor and make sure it isn't known to have too much input lag, which can be a headache when gaming.

Monitor Randomly Lowers Resolution?




G


My monitor randomly lowers its resolution. This happens at random times, but it usually happens when I play a game. Sometimes it takes a second into the game for the monitor to automatically lower its resolution, other times I can play for about 30 min, then it will change the resolution by itself.

Whats really annoying about this is that it makes my games unplayable because of how big the HUD is, and of another thing... I can not change the resolution back to the max (1680x1050) resolution for another 15-30 min. Even if I restart my computer the resolution stays the same. When I right click my desktop and hit "screen resolution", then try to change the resolution of my monitor there, all it does is give me a black screen for a second (like its refreshing) then just goes back to be the smallest resolution again...

I have already installed the BETA drivers for my graphics card, the REGULAR drivers for the graphics card, and the OLD driver for my graphics card and ALL OF THEM do the same resolution-changing thing.

I know for sure that it is not a problem with my GTX 560, as I have had it for almost 2 years without problems. I also do not think it has to do with my monitor, as I have had it as well for almost 2 years without problems. I just think it has something to do with a driver/program causing the issue.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, please help me, thank you! :)

OS: Win 7 32 Bit
Monitor: Samsung (I don't know the inch., but the max resolution is 1680x1050 at 60 Hz)
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
@Drake Is Awesome
I certainly do not think it is because of the heat because I have a program called MSI Afterburner which I have set up for my graphics card to always still cool (the graphics card never goes above 60c even at 100% load). Do you know of another reason why this could be happening? BTW I am playing Battlefield 3, and Medal Of Honor: Warfighter.



Answer
Well what game are you playing? Sometimes it can lower the resolution so the graphics card can produce less heat. Why do you think there's a fan built in? Do you mean 640x480 resolution? I had an old Windows ME laptop when I play pin-ball in fullscreen the screen resolution goes to 640x480, and switches to 256 colors. So Maybe it's your graphics card. Idk I'm not a huge gamer. Well maybe get like a monitor with 1920x1080, some of them have 1280x1024 option by going to the properties, will be less detailed, but don't put much force on your graphics card now. Hope this helped!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Alienware Monitor, Is 60Hz Refresh rate enough (For gaming)?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment