Saturday, May 31, 2014

does my monitor affect my gaming FPS ?







i was wondering if m monitor can affect my gaming like making it laggy and slow. if i upgraded my monitor will it help and make me play in high resolutions without lagg ?


Answer
Monitors can create screen tearing, where the pc generates to many frames than the monitor can handle, causing the monitor to display multiple frames at once, creating unsmooth and fairly ugly picture quality. And example of this is if a monitor has a refresh rate of 60 and the pc is generating 90 fps, the monitor takes in 90 but can only display 60, causing some frames to mix with others. This usually only occurs with games, as many other programs limit the fps, and it can be fixed for games by enabling vsync in either your game or GPU, which will prevent the graphics card from giving your monitor more frames than it can display.

Best Gaming Monitor?




Eric


Whats the best gaming monitor out in the market right now?

looking for: around 24 inch wide screen lcd monitor
my os: windows vista
graphics card: nvidia 8800 GTX

(if possible, would really appreciate a link to the actual product page of the online store)

thanks



Answer
SAMSUNG 245BW Black High Glossy 24" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with Height Adjustment 400 cd/m2 1000:1 (DC 3000:1) - Retail
Windows Vista Certified

The 5ms Response rate is a must for an extreme gamer. (by the looks of your video card I would say you are). The lower response rate, the better. For a 24 inch monitor this is an amazing response rate. I use the 20 inch Samsung in this model and it has a 2ms response rate. It is awesome for gaming. The colors are flawless and the monitor looks sophisticated.

I talk about the response rate because of ghosting. If you are playing good quality games (like Oblivion, F.E.A.R, and such) you will have to have a low response rate, or else your images can have a bluring effect and make you lag for a brief second. That brief second can mean life or death in a FPS (first person shooter).

I really hope that my answer helped. If you think my answer is the best please give me the "best answer reward" as a "thank you" in return.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: does my monitor affect my gaming FPS ?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment