Thursday, May 22, 2014

Computer as a gaming monitor?




Duffpro


I recently purchased a 27 inch iMac for my room. I have a smaller TV that I use my playstation with but only use the component red yellow white cables. I wanted to find something like dazzle, but with an hdmi port so I can ditch my small tv and get more out of my mac. (My 720p desktop doesn't get much use) I had found some of these converters online but my options are:
-get a very sketchy looking one that is like 10 bucks (kind of unrealistic)
or
-buy one that looks reliable for like 80-100 bucks.

Does anyone know anything reasonable? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP



Answer
Remember that your 27-inch iMac can ONLY receive a DISPLAYPORT video signal. It will NOT receive HDMI, not without a signal converter box.

You will NOT be able to use your 27-inch iMac as a monitor for a gaming console unless you buy a DVI-to-DisplayPort Signal Converter Box like the ones made by Gefen or Belkin, and those things cost like $150 apiece.

Simple $10 passive adapters will NEVER work. Don't even think it.

When playing games, my monitor looses signal?




Bobesko B


When I start to play a game, after like 10 or 20 minutes I loose monitor signal. I have Vista ultimate, quad core 9400, GF 9800 gtx+, 4 gigs of Ram. My monitor is Samsung t240HD. I have newest drivers installed from Nvidia web page and also my GPU is not overheating it has about 65 celsius while playing newest games.


Answer
This is sometimes caused by an inadequate power supply & a lack of Watts under load to the Graphics card...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Computer as a gaming monitor?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment