Thursday, May 22, 2014

Suggestions for A Solid Gaming Computer?




The Major


As the title suggests I am looking for a computer mainly just the "tower" that can play pretty much whatever I throw at it relatively well. I am not talking like Crysis 2 on Max setting and what not but something that I know can play the majority of games and ones in the future well.By future I also mean to the sense that the system would be fairly easy for a novice with a screwdriver to learn and be able to upgrade graphics etc.

I also plan on taking the system off to college and eventually a apartment. So I need something lightweight and compact but also durable. I plan on using the system for awhile and it is going to be an investment as well. Which is why I do not plan on purchasing a gaming laptop. Most have gotten better with durability but they are expensive and still very fragile so I would rather stick with the time proven Tower model :D

I was originally looking at the Alienware X51 when it was on sale. The way I customized it came out to about $600+ or so of course but I missed the boat on that D:. If there is something similar on the market. I know a lot of people feel that alienware aren't great gaming systems anymore. Personally I am not very informed to the different systems, customizing etc.

But it won't be solely for the purpose of gaming. So I would have MS Word, PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator etc for working purposes etc. A gaming computer wouldn't have any problems with these programs but it's just for reference in case anyone has any suggestions on computer that may not be Gaming specialized but could still play them relatively well.

Price wise I would rather not go into thousands of dollars. I am a 17 year old making $7.50 a hour mind you :P (So a little more than $100 a week give or take a few hours extra pay).

I am also open to the idea of building my own PC. I heard it is cheaper to a degree. So if anyone has suggestions on parts, prices and building guides and suggestions I am open as well.
Just remember I am a novice after all :D

Thanks Everyone!



Answer
Hi, I think building your own desktop computer is definitely the way to go. If you are thinking about portability check out the Lanboy cases from Antec which have grips on the top and are sweet modular cases that will also be durable. You can customize the computer components to exactly the type of performance you are looking for and can upgrade if necessary. Like you said it is a good idea to get a machine that is slightly better than the standard requirements right now so that you don't have to upgrade soon. With a $1000 budget you can get a great machine, maybe using an Intel i5 or AMD FX-6200 processor and similar level components. Plus building your own machine helps you understand computers better and what is important. Most cases do not even require a screwdriver except maybe for the motherboard standoffs!

You can check out the following "bronze" or "silver" computer builds we put together for reference which would be great for what you are looking for:

http://www.omfgnetwork.com/2012/omfg-network-silver-build/
http://www.omfgnetwork.com/2012/omfg-network-amd-silver-build/
http://www.omfgnetwork.com/2012/omfg-network-bronze-build/
http://www.omfgnetwork.com/2012/omfg-network-amd-bronze-build/

Best PC to buy under 1000 Australian dollar ?




sarvpriya


Hi guys .Thx for your quick respond on my last question.
I am looking to a great pç which can play 2012 games so can some one plz give me a some advice. Thx



Answer
i would suggest building you're own pc, you get the most for you're money!
but if you're not into that kind of thing, then go to a computer shop, as in a shop that sells computers only and get them to do a custom build for you and do a bit of research to make sure there not ripping you off, or just post the specs they said they could give you for the money on here, and say is this a good pc for the money. you would most likely get a quick reply to that sort of thing, good luck! :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Suggestions for A Solid Gaming Computer?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment