Sunday, May 25, 2014

Is it possible for multi monitor setup?




Trevor Bou


Hey there, I recently spent a lot of money on a half decent gaming/performance machine. I have: i7 2600k p68z6-v-pro motherboard and a black edition XFX 6870 GPU.
I have two VGA monitors. I have connected the better one to the gpu because it supports 1 dvi to vga connector. I have been unable to connect the other one because i have no ports. Is there any special thing i can do to make the motherboard another output while having the gpu working as well? I need it for servers and films while facebook and server information etc.

Thank you all for taking a look Trevor Boultwood :)



Answer
Ok, have you tried using a second vga to dvi connection? if not buy one and try it, but save the packaging so you can return it if it doesn't work.

My advice is in order to really get the money out of your video card is to buy a monitor with a dvi output.

Also you should be able to use both the gpu slot and the onboard graphics slot if you mess with your settings so that the gpu being used does not automatically disable your onboard slot, I used to do this with an old rig of mine but unsure how I did it, just know that it can be done.

Which monitor setup should I get?




700_up


I like to game a lot on my PC so I want to upgrade from a 22" monitor. I'm not sure though, should I get a couple of 22" monitors so I can be ready for gaming on multiple displays when that becomes more mainstream or should I get a 27" monitor? My main concern here is for gaming, is multi monitor gaming really going to take off?


Answer
This is going to be primarily up to you, but I know that I have a big problem with the gap in display on multi-monitor display setups. I personally would pick up the 27" for the gaming so you will have a much higher resolution without the interruption section that you would have with two monitors.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it possible for multi monitor setup?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment