Friday, May 30, 2014

Gunnar gaming glasses?




BenQ gg


Is it really that effective?
Yesterday I played for about 8hr took a break of 30 mins. When I woke up this morning (I woke up at 5 am)
To revise I saw tears coming out of my eyes.
Would I become blind?
Is the gunnar effective?
How does it work?



Answer
First up, you won't go blind... your eyesight might suffer a bit (where you might need glasses or contacts), but unless you're placing a bright source of light directly on your eye (or a heavy amount of UV radiation)... you're OK.

Gunnar Optiks glasses aren't for everybody, but if you're planning looking at a screen for prolonged periods of time (say for work or something)... then it might not hurt.

HOWEVER, there are other ways you can help reduce eye strain...

1) Lower the color temp of the screen during nighttime hours... while it'll make things a look "warm" or "yellowish", a lower color temp (~3400 K) is a lot easier on the eyes than a higher color temp (~6500 K).... & your eyes will actually adjust to the lower color temperature, so it won't appear to look any different.

If you're playing on a computer, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND installing f.lux ( http://www.justgetflux.com ) as it'll automatically adjust the color temp of your monitor based on the time of day for your location (6500 K during the day, 3400 K during the night).

2) Take more frequent breaks -- taking a short break every 2 hours or so for a few minutes (go to the bathroom, get a drink / snack, ect.) so you have some off-screen time.


If you do these 2 things, you can get by without buying any Gunnar Optiks glasses as you're doing stuff that those glasses would be doing in the first place. I've note installing f.lux on my computer was one of the best decisions of my life I can utilize my computer at night without straining my eyes or the blinding harshness of the light from the screen.

If you're still insisting on Gunnar Optiks, just be prepared to spend $100 or more on a pair... even more if you need a prescription.

video gaming glasses?




John


Are there gaming goggles (at a reasonable price) that make it so the t.v. is basically in front of my eyes? for deeper explanation, say im playing CoD mw2. I was wondering if there is any way i can make it feel like a real first person perspective. Please leave link and possibly price. Thank for future answers.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/28/22moo-intros-11-new-video-eyewear-products/
this is the sort of thing im looking for, but cheaper.



Answer
You have to use a 120hz monitor in 3D mode for the glasses to work. They won't work on a standard monitor.

I would read into 3D monitors.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Gunnar gaming glasses?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment