Sunday, May 4, 2014

Would a monitor be better for gaming or hdtv? (pc)?




monky_bizz


I have the 8800GTS512 and am thinking about adding another one. Now, my monitor is ok, but I want the best screen possible for my graphic cards. Some monitors support higher than 1080p, i.e. 1200. Would such a monitor support blue ray discs? Would such a monitor be better for gaming?


Answer
For viewing HD video the real question is the drive. If you pair that video with a HD drive and HD monitor then you're set. For gaming it would be better as long as the viewing latency of the flat panel(i'm presume it's flat panel) is under 10ms. The lower the better but more than that on some flat panels and ghosting makes gaming terrible hard.

PC Gaming on HDTV Works?




GDP


It's it a good idea to game on a HDTV? My HDTV is 42 inches and 120Hz, 200,000 to 1 dynamic contrast ratio, up to 1080p Full HD, and Edge Lit Razor LED, LCD smart TV.

Is that good to use as a monitor? Or will I occur with some input lag or whatever? Sorry for the noob question, I am building my first gaming pc cause I'm switching from consoles to pc now.

More information on my TV: Vizio M420SL



Answer
There's a lot more to worry about with an HDTV. My computer is hooked up to my 47" TV, but I live in a cramped apartment. I've discovered text is harder to read, I'm always sitting either too close or too far away, and the TV is off-center (cramped living room), which cramps my neck after a few hours of play.

But there is no input lag, the colors are fine, and if you do a little research you won't have any problems with wireless input (keyboard, mouse, controller). Oh, but when you first hook up your computer to your TV you'll probably experience either some overscan or underscan. The start button might be missing, or you'll have a lot of extra black at the botton of your screen. I use an AMD card, so the Catalyst Control Center is what I use to fix it.

Wait, you might experience some input lag if your TV uses frame interpolation like TruMotion or SmoothMotion. Almost all TVs have the ability to turn it off though, or have some kind of game mode that eliminates it. My TV detected a computer plugged in, so it disabled TruMotion on that input. Having it disabled is too bad when I watch Youtube videos, but otherwise isn't an issue.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would a monitor be better for gaming or hdtv? (pc)?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment