Saturday, May 10, 2014

where can I get a double monitor for my computer?




thisisonly


I was in an office the other day, and I saw they had a dual monitor setup stemming from a single base. They had one program open on the left side and a toatally different one on the other side.

It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen and I WANT one. I've tried checking sites like staples and Wal mart but I can't find one.

Anyone know where I can get one, or how hard it is to set up?



Answer
Basically it's 2 monitors hooked up to either a single graphics card or 2 graphics cards - the first thing you'll have to check is does your graphics card have 2 suitable outputs (display port, dvi, hdmi, vga). If it does then you can simply get a second monitor generally and plug it in - setting it up within windows is as simple as right clicking a black spot on your desktop and clicking properties
then for windows xp
> settings (the end tab) > click the 2nd monitor (it might not autodetect without a reboot) > and check the extend my desktop onto this display

For vista/7 :
click display > adjust resolution > Extend my desktop to onto this display.

If your graphics card doesn't have a 2nd output then you'll need to either purchase a 2nd graphics card (i wouldn't recommend this for windows xp or vista drivers as xp is incapable of running 2 different display drivers and vista is incapable of running 2 different cards in a non-sli/xfire setup afaik) windows 7 can run 2 different display drivers generally without many troubles. The alternative to adding a 2nd graphics card is simply replacing the first - most modern cards have 2 or more outputs - all Nvidia cards will support 2 monitors minimum and ati 5 series cards support 3 monitors or more (requires expensive display port monitors for more than 2 i believe though)

If you want 2 monitors side by side i believe it was samsung - not 100% sure which was manufacturing monitors with a fairly small bezel which would be ideal for placing on a dual monitor stand.

Running multiple monitors they can be configured in multiple modes -

Display extension - (called dualview in older nvidia drivers) - basically this allows you to maximize windows to a single screen or run 2 fullscreen apps side by side this is generally the most practical setup.

Streched - The monitors act as a single streched screen (ie a single 32:10 screen if using 2x16:10 screens) maximized windows strech between the 2 screens so the bezel can make things awkward to look at - the most common scenario i've seen for this is using 3 monitors for gaming - you can get amazing levels of immersion especially in car racing games

Which type of monitor should I get (and some other stuff too)?




Tacoman


Don't read this if you don't have the time, because I am asking a lot of you guys for this question. I am doing some research on getting some various computer parts, but I would like some professional or even novice advice on what to get.

I know that I am not supposed to ask a question that has already been asked, but my question is fairly specific. I am looking for two identical monitors, with a small amount of space around the sides. My price range is $100 or a little bit over for each one, with the size being anywhere from 17-23 inches, depending on the pricing.

I am also looking for some high quality RAM, preferably the newer version (I do believe it is called DDR5?) It should app to 8 gigs total. I have 4 slots, so I guess if 4 2gigs is the best, then that could work.

I am looking for a second video card. I have a Radeon 6850, and it is awesome. However, if there is a card that can be cross-fired with it that is slightly less expensive, than I would like to get that. Otherwise I will have to get a second one, which I find unnecessary. I need something in between.

I am eventually going to have a 4 monitor setup, with them all mounted to the wall. No, I am not looking to get one of those 2 grand setups or whatever, just 4 monitors. I will do the rest. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I should do this, that would be awesome. Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to what monitors I should use for this, that would be great too.

I need a desk. I am putting that in another thread because it doesn't really apply to this section, but I am looking for one of those L shaped desks, for a decent price. ($400 or so, max)

And a CPU. I am looking for a phenom II 4/6-core, preferably clock-able to >4.0ghz. My cooling system can handle pretty much anything. (I actually keep a couple bags of ice in the refigerator, then put one behind and one in from of my computer with a fan, so the fan blows really cold air on the computer. With the liquid cooling system inside, I can run pretty much anything without it overheating.)

Any other suggestions. Oh and BTW, I have a 700 watt power supply. Will I need to upgrade that?

Thanks in advance. And like I said, don't get mad at me or tell me to use Google. Believe me, I have. I would just like some not too bias advice, you know? Ask the guy at Best Buy, and you know what he is going to say...



Answer
well for monitors, it depends on the res, ur gonna get 4 so 1080p is unnecessary, you could get this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254054 bezel isn't super tiny but it isn't super huge

RAM: 8 GB is good for what ur doing, btw the highest memory they have is DDR3, they have GDDR5 in things like video cards bt that's because it needs to be fast, i would recommend getting 2x4 GB incase you need to upgrade but 1x8 is a little too much. i would recommend corsair vengeance

Video: only the same cards can be crossfired but you can have different cards, not CF them, but idk how gaming will go then, i would recommend getting another 6850 but if it's too expensive, get a 6750

Mounting: i'm sorry but i reall can't help you here

CPU: i recommend the i7 2600k, it has extensive OC'ing capabilities and t's $300 and if you get it you will need to switch mobos so keep that in mind

Other: PSU seems alright but if you get a second 6850, it might not be enough power




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: where can I get a double monitor for my computer?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment