Tuesday, May 6, 2014

hdmi input port on a pc?




Filip XD


Hi people xD.
I have a monitor with no hdmi input(its dvi) and recently I been thinking of "hacking" one to it xD
I talked with someone about a box or whatever shape thing with a dvi output for the monitor on one side and on the other a dvi input and a hdmi input and a switch betwean those two, I seen dvi to hdmi cables on the internet so sure why not? but he talked about only the cpu being able to do real time conversion of hdmi signals to dvi signals (which really got me confused btw because I doupt there are cpus attached to a hdmi to dvi cables) if someone knows of a way to make that work just stop reading because it would be pointless :P and just answer straight away xD.
so anyway my next solution was to use a hdmi input port on my pc and a program or something to turn it on or off on a part of the screen, I have two hdmi ports on my pc and seeing that "normal XD" pc's have one output I thought that the 2cnd one could be the input one that goes from my graphics card hdmi(that should go to the monitor, right?) input to there(im not sure does my card support it but why da fuq not xD, amd radeon hd 6450 2GB btw ^^, the site says it supports some kind of hdmi 1.4 idk) so how would I know if one of thease ports are input-ports(I might even open up my pc, voiding the warrianty to see if the card has the port since im gonna void it anyway eventually XD) and what software would I need to use to actually make use of it? :P
thanks for your time for reading this xD



Answer
So, what are you trying to do exactly?

Most PCs do not come with a HDMI input. Your PC has 2 HDMI ports probably because it can support multiple monitors with a HDMI cable.

Yes you CAN get HDMI-to-DVI cables or a HDMI-to-DVI adapter. The video signal is the same, but DVI does not support audio so you'll need to use a separate solution for that.

For things like watching TV or a blu-ray movie, a simple TV Tuner or Video Recorder with appropriate inputs will be sufficient. This will give you a window on your desktop so you can watch TV. (yes you can make the window "full screen" too if you want.)

However for game consoles, this won't work. The additional hardware adds a small, but noticeable, lag which makes this solution unsuitable. Even folks who use their PC to record game play will use a Y-cable so they can game on their TV, and let the PC handle the recording.

You can use a HDMI->DVI cable for a game console but you won't get audio unless you use a separate audio cable (eg. optical audio, for your surround sound system.)

So it really depends on what you're trying to do.

What's a good monitor for gaming?




Question3r


I want is a good simple LCD monitor with a good clear image, don't care much about the speakers or extra features. I just want to play games with no problem.
My budget is around $150 - $ 250. I would like 1080p, but not if it will make my computer lag.

I found this monitor that caught my interest, but some bad reviews made me confused.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236049

I'm really confused when it comes to monitor buying, so if you can help me that would be great.
Here's my specs :
AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.66ghz
4gb DDR2
Sapphire HD 5770 1gb GDDR5



Answer
Looks like a good monitor to me, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if it were me.

The monitor itself can do 1080p, it has an HDMI input so if your video card will be able to output the best quality picture. All around a good choice.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: hdmi input port on a pc?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment