Monday, March 24, 2014

120hz monitor confusion?




nonw at al


I'm going to be building my first PC this summer and I was looking at 120 monitors for their quick refresh rates and respond times, however I've noticed that people say you only can take advantage of a 120hz monitor if you can push past 120 Fps. I'm getting a gtx 770 and I'll be running games on mostly higher settings so I won't reach 120 Fps while I play newer games. Is that true? And even if I can't push past 120 Fps will the response times change or be affected?

Also I've been debating wether or not I should even get a 120hz monitor at all as people say the colors look terrible, and that 60hz monitors have nicer looking images that is lost when using a 120hz tn monitor. What's the point of getting a computer that can push the newest games on ultra settings and yet the monitor makes it look like shit? Also 60hz monitors have slower response times, how noticeable is it?

Summing up the questions:
1) Is getting a 120hz monitor worth it if I won't be able to push past 120 Fps on the newer games, if so, is it worth getting it anyway for the response times?

2) I know this probably varies from monitor to monitor, but in general do 60hz monitors look more visually impressive to the point of considering to purchase a 60hz monitor when compared with the visual abilities of a 120 hz monitor?

3) I see monitors with 1ms response times and some with 8ms, is this a gigantic difference when using the monitor for gaming, or just barley a difference?

Also this computer will mostly be for gaming, but I want a game to look nice, too. If there isn't that much of a visual difference than I'll just stick with a 120hz monitor. I've only ever used a 60hz monitor so I'm not sure what I'm missing out on either.



Answer
To start off with, I personally have a GTX770 with a 60hz monitor.
In games of today (BF4, Crysis, DayZ, etc) I never really push past 80FPS on ultra. You have the monitors a little confused, 60HZ monitors display anything from 1-60fps at a constant rate, anything above it will be displayed at 60hz. If you have a 120hz monitor, you can view anything from 1-120fps.. Anything above that will be displayed as 120fps.. 60fps and 120fps will pretty much look the same.


1. If you can afford it, get it. Good monitors are good for the future.

2. In terms of gaming, 60hz and 120hz monitors with same response time will look almost the same. When you get into photoshop and high quality stuff, 120hz monitors typically have worse colors than 60hz ones.

3. For gaming, try to stay under 6ms response time.. There won't be any difference between a 1ms and 8ms monitor, they will both feel the same.

Is this monitor good for 3D gaming with GTX 650?




Karbonn


My friend wants to give me the monitor from the below link for two of my original xbox 360 games (forza 3 and gears of war 2). I only accept it if it's good for 3D gaming since I have a similar monitor but it lacks 3D support due to its low Hertz. Thank you for your time and help.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/BenQ-E2200HD-22in-LCD-Monitor_Monitor_review_feature-table_Page-3#tr-review-summary



Answer
3D gaming requires 120Hz monitors. The monitor from your link has 85Hz. Your friend is crazy by the way! Giving a full HD monitor for two craps? Trade em!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 120hz monitor confusion?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment