Thursday, March 13, 2014

What Kind of Gaming Computer Should I get?




Tyler


I been wanting to play Arma 2, DayZ, and even Arma 3 for the longest time, but my computer now is really horrible. I was wondering what kind of pc should i get, components, etc.! Also what price would it be, i want to stay under 700-800 if possible!


Answer
This setup is strictly gaming, it won't match up well in media rendering and what not compared to other cpu's but gaming will be fine:

i3-3220
Asus P8B75
Gigabyte HD 7950
7200rpm HDD
4GB ram
500W psu
Cheap case

Total Cost: ~$700. Depending on deals and sales and what not but that is the general idea. Along with the HD 7950, if you purchase it through an applicable retailer, you also get Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon for free. That's 3 free games and you are still at the $700 mark.

If you would like a better processor upgrade to the i5-3570k and the price will increase to about $800. The i3-3220 will fair well in gaming because you will be getting such an amazing GPU so the processor won't really be a game breaker for the most part. You may get better frame rates occasionally with the i5 over i3 but not enough to warrant worry.

This is the cheapest I have seen HD 7950's go for:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1917611&CatId=7387

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-Graphics-21196-00-20G/dp/B00BXVFM3K/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1365995077&sr=1-13&keywords=hd+7950

what kind of career can you get from a computer game science degree from University of California Irvine?




Andrew Sou


I've been interested in going to UCI and study computer game science, but I want to know if it will be worth it. I love to play video games and I think this degree, since it has a lot to do with video games, would be something I would love to do. However, I have doubts whether graduating with that degree will get me a good paying career. What kind of career can I get with this degree?


Answer
You can get a job in Programing computer games, Testing Computer Games, Designing computer Games Marketing Computer Games Advertising Computer Games and Drawing Computer Games. The pay is not as good as a Computer Engineering job for the jobs I mentioned above, but if you continue and get a PHD and possibly a Doctorate in Computer Games Science and a few other majors in different computer qualifications you could possibly get a job as a Computer Game Engineer and the would be a very well paid job because you wouldn't just be making computer games but you would also be making games for PlayStations consoles, Xbox, Wii, Nintendo and other Consoles as well as inventing games.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What Kind of Gaming Computer Should I get?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment