Friday, March 7, 2014

Help with gaming computers?




Deleno Gri


Here is what I have. Basically I'm asking what I'll will need to start gaming. I'm not looking for a top of the line gaming computer, just an average one, my budget is probably $50.

4 GB DDR2
AMD Phenom X4 9100e
Quad core processor
1.8 GHz, 4x 512 KB Cache
3200 MHz FSB

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Integrated graphics

640 HD

2 Firewire (IEEE 1394)
6 USB 2.0 10/100/1000 Mbps
Ethernet LAN
1 HDMI port

Monitor:
HD1900 HD LCD Display
19" 1440 x 900
720p HD ready
1000:1 Contrast Ratio

Also, should HDMI make a difference, or stick with VGA?
Alright, what about games like Team Fortress or those that came out maybe a year or two ago? And with a budget of $100 this time?
How do I upgrade a Quad core processor, and is my current one enough?



Answer
By $50, I'm guessing you mean $500. Now the computer you listed there is alright. I have that integrated graphics card on my dad's computer. It's okay really. It can play all your basic games. COD4, CS:S. But nothing great like Crysis or Far Cry 2 that I play on my 9800 GT. HDMI gets you better video quality but I'm still using VGA, since my monitor supports the ghetto input. That processor is kinda suckish. But If you're not playing awesome games like Crysis, etc. It will pass. The RAM is enough for anything. So is the hard drive. It's okay, but I'm sure you could do better on $500.

How can I fix my Asteroids arcade game monitor?

Q. When the monitor powers on, everything seems to shake and all of the images are skewed.
Little brother was playing with it.. he could have done anything to it.. and this costed over $400.


Answer
As long as no one has been in the back of your machine and messed with the monitors adjustments it sounds like it may be you need the monitor recapped. Find a local tv repair shop, tell them you have an arcade game that the monitor needs to be recapped and see if they can do it. (Its not that hard to do just replacing capacitors that get old overtime.) This service should be under $100.00 US. Worst case you need a used/new monitor which run from $100.00 and up. Read more about others and their questions here http://forums.webmagic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=2&Number=384517&Main=384431


Update: If he did, he would have had to open the back of the cabinet and turn the knobs on the back of the tube.
(NOTE THE VOLTAGE IN THIS AREA IS EXTREAMLY HIGH< AND CAN KILL A PERSON ON CONTACT TO THE WRONG AREA, EVEN IF THE UNIT HAS NOT HAD POWER TO IT FOR DAYS.)
If it was as simple as him turning knobs a service call would fix it for about $50.00 US




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help with gaming computers?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment