Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Good, affordable gaming computers?




TheVideo


I need a good gaming computer that isn't to expensive. Help me out?


Answer
I don't know the jargon and am not an expert. But I can tell you from experience a few tips I use.

*Buy a desktop, laptops are ridiculously overpriced and for me at least overrated (not everybody really needs a laptop). The PC I have now is a Pentium, bought it almost 4 years ago and it still works just fine bought it for 100-150 euros and only recently with the newest games did it occur that I can not play them. And that's only a few games for example Sleeping Dogs, but with a small investment it's as good as new.

*ATI Radeon graphics cards have also served me well, as well as the nvidia cards so whichever you get inside your budget it's good.

*As others have suggested, building your own PC is optimal, but getting a premade one from a store (only the housing with components after you check what is included without the monitor or mouse or other junk, reuse the one you have if you have one) is also not bad, but check that the components are not integrated but can be swapped.

*Check online for user input, buy PC magazines where you can look at reviews for individual components to get a 'feel' for what exactly you need. Don't let the guy at the store trick you into buying some overpriced shit that you don't really need.

*In my experience 'Ultra High Mega Super Extreme' graphics modes do not enhance the experience of a game for more than 10 minutes and can give you a headache from all the blinking lights etc. Medium-High setting is more than enough and you can get that kind of a PC fairly cheap.

*Overpriced monitors and ''gaming'' mouses are again not really necessary and do not enhance in my experience the enjoyment of a game. I use a 3 euro mouse and 5 euro keyboard. The only reason you would need such gear is if you are a professional gamer, going on tournaments for Counter strike of Star craft etc.

Low End Gaming Computer ...?




Razor422


*BASE_PRICE: [+435]
CAS: Apevia X-Cruiser 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window & MultiMeter Display (Black Color)
CS_FAN: Extra Ball Bearing Case Fan [+3] (3 x Fans [+6])
CASUPGRADE: 12in COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT [+10] (BLUE COLOR)
CPU: AMD Athlonâ¢II X2 250 Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: NONE
CABLE: None
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_CU1: FREE! 4GB USB 2.0 Portable Flash Drive
FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
FLOPPY: NONE
HDD: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+18] (Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: NONE
KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M4A78LT-M LE AM3 DDR3 AMD 760G/SB710 Chipset DDR3 mATX w/ Integrated ATI Radeon 3000, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II RAID, 1 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
MB_ADDON: None
MEMORY: 2GB (1GBx2) DDR3/1333MHz Dual Channel Memory [-26] (Corsair or Major Brand)
MODEM: NONE
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts Power Supplies [+65] (XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready)
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU [+19]
PRINTER: None
PRINTER_CABLE: None
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: Standard Warranty: 1-Year Limited Warranty Plus Life-Time Technical Support
SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
TEMP: NONE (AS SHOWN)
TVRC: None
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBHD: None
USBFLASH: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 1GB 16X PCI Express [+30]
VIDEO2: None
VC_PHYSX: NONE
WNC: NONE
_PRICE: (+664)
_view_: fi

The final price with shipping comes out to 695.80. I am not looking for the best gaming computer because I am a casual gamer, mostly settling for free games and other low end games like counter strike and WoW. I understand that it is hard to make a computer for cheap, but this is the cheapest I came up with for a gaming computer. Do you think this is good ? Is there any computer cheaper that I can spec out ? Lastly, what are the highest requirements of games that this computer can play ?

I also am looking at laptops because this is going to be for college, but I think it is a better bet to go with a desktop since laptops are so expensive. Budget is preferably less than 700, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks, I still am looking for more answers, but yeah I do not mind building. If I am allowed to, if there is a list of things you can tell me that comes out to less than 700 with shipping and everything included, go for it. Im looking for the best possible gaming computer for that money amount. Thanks.



Answer
This looks to me like one of those pick your parts and we'll build a computer for you. It seems to me that a lot of people who go to these sites are probably willing to build there own computer. It's really a lot easier that it looks. If you'd be interested in building you're own check out www.newegg.com and shoot me an email I'd love to point you in the right direction(razorbeetle@gmail.com). If you think that's not for you than what you have chosen here probably is. Good motherboard brand. It's a decent computer just don't expect to be playing the latest and greatest games out there. It should meet minimum requirements on most games.
Update: I was wondering if you were planning on doing and overclocking cause if you are i would suggest intel processors. I am also wondering if ur attached to nvidia for any reason seeing as ati has better cards at this time.
That being said here is what i think you should get this.
I'm wondering how flexible your budget is because i think for 800 you can double the performance of what you have chosen there.
this graphics card will eat the the one you have chosen there, it's at least 3 times better.
I'm actually kinda jealous of this setup; for the price it cant be beat.
well I'm trying to think of a way to easily post them i guess ill just copy all the links:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136283

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131639

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103063 (two of these)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.417135

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.422448

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.372992

If you give me an email i can send u the cart in one link (I'm not set up to use the yahoo mail system)
I guess i should explain my choice on the parts now.
You will notice right off that i chose an Intel processor and a pretty pricey cooler. It should have no problem cooling this processor at 4 gigahertz. I suggest you place the radiator as an intake on top with the fan i included and the second one as an exhaust right next to it. Take the fan that was on top and use it as an intake on the side panel. The motherboard is of my favorite brand and it's super easy to overclock. The hard drive is made by Western Digital and is of the high performance variety. These hard drives have the lowest fail rate of any other drive on the market. Always use western digital. The ram here is great and happens to be quite on sale. Its blazing fast and is 4 gigs over the 2 you had. The graphics card is ATI and i hope that isn't a factor for you as this card is just as good as an Nvidia card that costs twice as much. This is a great case, and i actually own it's big brother and i love it. Great airflow and it's of quality build. Best rated DVD writer on newegg but they all work just fine. Of course you have to blow 100 bucks just on the operating system which always bothers me, but what r u going to do? It's actually a little cheaper than when i built my last one. I'm sure you have lots of questions so feel free to email me with more questions. If you want help with how to build the computer I would love to make a video with my dads new camera we got him for fathers day. There are also guides on the internet on how to do it but I've found most to be pretty outdated. Good luck with the build i think u'll love it a lot more than that websites build.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good, affordable gaming computers?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment