Wednesday, March 19, 2014

How to record gameplay on PC WITHOUT screen capture software?




Lord B


I've been wanting to do a little gameplay recording from my PC, but there is one issue which has kept me from doing it.
My PC is a dell dimension E520, and while it isn't the worst computer, it's definitely slowing down. I've tried using some game recording software, but in each instance they've made the games unplayable. So how can I record gameplay without using screen capture software?

I've heard of something called a "capture card," which I know is the optimal way to record gameplay from a PS3 or Xbox. However, capture cards always seem to use HDMI, component cables, HD-component cables, etc. Does anyone know how this would work if I hooked up another computer with a capture card to my game PC?

Thanks!



Answer
capture card means you can hook your psx or xbox to computer monitor, then record what happens on your computer screen. of course you need screen recording software to do so.

as another answerer mentioned, camera will be your choice besides recording software.

Best PC Screen Capture Software?




Simplexity


What is the best for Streaming to Justin.tv for 64bit computers. What my rig consist of doesn't matter it will handle everything.


Answer
What he said ^ and of course use FME to stream it. Above 500 Kb per second will allow your viewers to watch you game etc. with good quality. I prefer over 1000 so there isn't too much lost quality and they see what you see. This of course depends on your upload which should be over 1MBps. I only stream low quality old school toons so no need for that much bandwidth. When you are streaming 720p or above you need to have a lot of bandwidth. If you don't then you will be trying to stream an orange through a straw and the viewers will get choppy video. this has to be balanced between the quality of your stream and the capabilities of your target audience. Too much and they get lag or too little and your quality will suffer. Using the JTV broadcaster works for some but not all and can't be tweaked as much as FME.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to record gameplay on PC WITHOUT screen capture software?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment