Sunday, March 30, 2014

Monitor replacement - 19" + ?




Driving In


My 19" monitor has quit; I'm presently working off my OLD 17" !! 19" specs. were 1280 x 1024 max. resolution. 6ms refresh rate. I do few games or videos online - mainly web browsing and email. (Cheap!)
For replacement, should I upgrade to higher resolution or widescreen?
Would I need to replace PC video card? Your suggestions welcome and appreciated! THANK YOU!



Answer
It depends upon what you're comfortable with. A 24-inch monitor has a native resolution of 1920X12, so fonts will be smaller but sharper. Personally, I like 17-inch monitors set at 1024X768.

Something else you might want to consider is dual monitors. They are cool and easy to set up. You can tell if your video card supports this by seeing if there are 2 connections on the card. Make sure that you have the necessary software/drivers if you go with dual.

Dell monitor with PS3??

Q. Has anyone used a ps3 with a dell SP2208WFP 22" monitor. The monitor goes upto 1080p. Whats the quality like with blu-ray movies?

It also has a 2ms response time, will this make much different with the speed of gaming or watching blu-ray movies as opposed to 6ms ot 8ms?


Answer
This is a fantastic monitor! I highly reccommend it. I just got it and it has the best quality for only $300! (on sale now at dell.com) The 4 port USB hub, Webcam, Mic, and HDMI input are all bonuses! This monitor has the fastest response time on the market! (2ms) It also has a very high contrast ratio. (2000:1) (cheaper monitors have a low contrast ratio such as 700:1) This is great for you because of the HDMI port so you can easily connect your PS3. This is literally an HD monitor, and there will be a noticable difference with a slower response time such as 6ms or 8ms, especially with Blu-Ray movies and games on the PS3.

Feel free to contact me via my answers page with any other questions you may have!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Monitor replacement - 19" + ?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment