Monday, March 24, 2014

how does 3d gaming look on a monitor with 30ms timings?




chips2481


I was thinking of buying a monitor that has 30ms timings. Right now I have a dell with 20ms and it does the job pretty good. Does anyone use a monitor with 30ms right now? If you do how is it with games?
This monitor is a very expensive monitor with a very good color depth. So basically I am trying to find out if 30ms is too much for 3d. I would buy a faster monitor but I have a monitor that was $2000 in its time and the color quality far from anything is out today.



Answer
monitors for good color accuracy will always be poor for gaming. i went with a compromise and went with a samsung 215TW. its an 8bit LCD with full color range, but still has a respectable 16 or 20ms timing.

2ms and 5ms timing avoid those like the plague, they use TN panels which are garbage for color.

LCD monitors, Difference between 5ms and 2ms ?




koregtr


I know the technical difference.. but is there a 'real' noticeable difference when gaming ? or general use ?

or am I just paying an extra 100$s + for something I wont notice hardly at all ?

thanks



Answer
It's not worth the extra $100 for that feature alone and believe you would see no difference by eye. It might, however, be worth it to see if that is the only reason the monitor is $100 more. Maybe the color is better or it is LED backlit. LED backlighting alone is worth the extra cost if you ask me.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how does 3d gaming look on a monitor with 30ms timings?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment