Thursday, March 13, 2014

How to build a decent gaming computer for under 900$?




Taylor


I've never built a computer before so any information websites or anything would be awesome. I want to build a computer that's good for gaming and doing just normal stuff on it too.


Answer
First, I would recommend visiting NCIX on Youtube; they literally teach you everything there is to know about a computer. Their host Linus Sebastian is a very funny guy; I like him and I`m pretty sure you will like him too.

Go on Youtube and search for NCIX or Linus Tech Tips.

They have a website that you can go on to buy computers, and they literally have all different kinds of flavours in many different price ranges. They`re fantastic.

You could research yourself and try to find parts and put them together. Here`s a list of what you would need for a Gaming computer:

-Processor (Intel or AMD)
-Motherboard( Make sure the motherboard`s socket corresponds to the processor)
-Graphics Card (if you want a gaming computer then this should be a big priority)
-RAM (4GB of RAM is perfect for gaming, but I would get more if I multitask a lot too)
-Power Supply (Don`t cheap out on this component. This can damage a lot of things if it was built very poorly. Power supplies can also catch on fire in rare cases if they are poorly made).
Hard Drive (I would get two of them; one dedicated for the Operating system and one dedicated for storage.)
-CD-DVD ROM Drive
-A computer case
-all the accessories, such as mouse, keyboard, case fans etc.

Good Luck

What is the average price to build your own gaming computer? Is it possible to do it for under $900?




Gigi R


I'm really not looking for anything that close to the bleeding edge. I just want to know how the range I'll be in if I'm looking to build a computer that can run things like Dragon Age and WoW without much of a problem. All I'm looking for in my computer is decent gaming performance.

PS. I'm a first-timer at this so any helpful sites would be greatly appreciated.



Answer
$900 can get you a pretty powerful computer, one that can max out almost any game today.

Look at this $1000 PC ($900 without OS).
http://gamingrig.blogspot.com/2011/06/1000-gaming-pc-june-2011.html

That's good enough to max out any game for the next couple of years at least.

Here is a $800 build that would max out all of todays games.
http://gamingrig.blogspot.com/2011/06/750-gaming-pc-june-2011.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to build a decent gaming computer for under 900$?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment