Sunday, March 16, 2014

HDMI/DVI Questions?




mobius_x1


Alright today i just got my HDMI/DVI cable from newegg.com being that i after a few months of looking around on my video card it says that it's HDTV Ready! My card is an VisionTek Radeon® X1300 512 PCI-E x16 (http://www.visiontek.com/products/cards/... My question is with this is that how do i set it up to where i can play my PS3 on my computer, or have it to display on my widescreen LCD monitor? (http://www.newegg.com/product/product.as... I know i saw something about your screen being a HDCP? Is that a high def monitor for your computer? If so do i need to get one? Or what are my options?


Answer
You can use your PS3 with your monitor using just your HDMI to DVI cable, you should be able to play all of your games in the max resolution the monitor will support.

Where you will run into problems with HDCP is movie playback.

HDCP stands for High Definition Copy Protection, it's a form of DRM where the decoding device (here, the PS3) and the displaying device (your monitor) have to perform an encoded handshake so the content pushed by the PS3 is sent encrypted and decrypted to display in the monitor. It's all in an effort to make it more difficult to circumvent copy protections in place on high-def media.

Now, the problem you're going to run into is there are very few computer monitors that will do HDCP, and pretty much everything that will do HDCP wants to do it over HDMI.

You can get an HDTV (because most of them, and all the newer ones, should support HDCP) and use that as your monitor, as well as to play your PS3 on, but until you have a device that is capable of HDCP your PS3 will only output movies at either 480i or 480p.

(That includes DVDs and blu-ray discs, it will not upconvert DVDs without an HDCP compatible device and it will only output blu-ray at 480i or 480p unless connected to an HDCP capable device.)

New Monitor! hdmi or dvi?




Eric


today I got my new monitor but was disappointed when I opened up the box. I found that I was careless when picking out a monitor because I didn't look to see if it had a hdmi port which it doesn't. but afterwards I did a little research today and found out that alot of people where saying dvi is almost the same as an hdmi cord except that it can't transmit audio to a monitor or tv. If that is so I would be fine using the dvi because i use my astros as my speakers but if that isn't true should I go out and pick up dvi converter to hdmi? Also I have a gaming computer and my hdmi cord runs out of the graphic card. would not being connected threw the graphic card would it effect my gaming or would it make for worst quality


Answer
Hi,

If your pc does not have DVI then a HDMI to DVI converter would be fine.

Arnak




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: HDMI/DVI Questions?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment