Thursday, February 13, 2014

Better monitor = Higher FPS ?




morris6442


My monitor atm is the big Tube monitor type, around 4 years old, I got to wondering if I got a new Monitor would that Boost my FPS in different games ? I got a 256mb Video card, 1 gig ram, I believe 3.0ghz Processor, I run Diskeeper daily, but just looking for an extra boost in FPS


Answer
The FPS of a game is going to depend on the processing power in your CPU and on your graphics card.

The monitor will have no effect on the FPS your games run at.


Many gamers prefer CRTs over LCD monitors because they blur less with movement and can support higher vertical frame rates, If you actually have >60 FPS on the game then you need a monitor running faster than a 60 Hz refresh rate.

Personally, I would probably up the resolution of the game, dropping the FPS, but getting more detail. But then I am not a serious gamer.

does my monitor affect my gaming FPS ?







i was wondering if m monitor can affect my gaming like making it laggy and slow. if i upgraded my monitor will it help and make me play in high resolutions without lagg ?


Answer
Monitors can create screen tearing, where the pc generates to many frames than the monitor can handle, causing the monitor to display multiple frames at once, creating unsmooth and fairly ugly picture quality. And example of this is if a monitor has a refresh rate of 60 and the pc is generating 90 fps, the monitor takes in 90 but can only display 60, causing some frames to mix with others. This usually only occurs with games, as many other programs limit the fps, and it can be fixed for games by enabling vsync in either your game or GPU, which will prevent the graphics card from giving your monitor more frames than it can display.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Better monitor = Higher FPS ?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment