Wednesday, February 12, 2014

How do i use my PC monitor as a tv for playing xbox 360 games?




Kris Davie


So i was hoping to be able to use my RGB PC monitor. But obviously i need some sort of special adapter. I think ive seen one before anyway. So can someone specify what adapter or lead of whatever it is i need to play xbox 360 games from my console using my monitor like you would for a TV.


Answer
I'd recommend the 360 to VGA cable sold at http://www.geekquipment.com/video-game-cables.html

I've been using it for a while to play my 360 on my monitor; It's always worked really well for me.

Can you use your Tv as a monitor for your gaming computer?




Wilcox


I've heard from many different sources that you can but there's more lag unless you have a powerful enough Pc, but then I hear there's no difference no matter what. In case it does have to do with specs here is my system.

Here are the specs.
Processor: AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 4.0GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD6100WMGUSBX
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7850 Graphics Card
Eyefinity, DirectX11 Support
1X HDMI, 2X DVi, 2X Display port Available
15% Overclock Available if desired
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0GB/s3.5
32Mb Cache
Operating System: Windows 7
RAM: Skill Ripjaws X Series 12gb 240-Pin DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 128000) Desktop Memory
CAS 9 Latency
Equipped with Advanced Aluminum Heat-Dispersing Shield

I'm planning on upgrading soon. So you could also give me some tips on what to upgrade. My price range is around 500$



Answer
The TV is pretty much a gigantic monitor, assuming you have a standard 1080p TV (no 4K or anything), you connect your PC to it.

Think about it, a PS3 or XBOX 360 doesn't have TV size requirements, meaning size of the TV doesn't affect performance.

I wouldn't recommend it though, because using the keyboard and mouse on a normal coffee table is very uncomfortable. It feels like typing on a desk while standing up.

If you don't know what I mean, try to type a paragraph while standing up.

For $500, you could

1. Upgrade your processor to something like a FX 8350 (sorry if I'm wrong, I'm not too sure about AMD sockets).

2. Get a better graphics card, such as a 7970 GHz edition or GTX 770

3. Of course SSD.


Other uses for $500

1. Gaming peripherals (mice, keyboards, headsets etc)

2. More monitors (Tri-monitor set-up since you can use Eyefinity)

3. Software (GAMES!!!)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do i use my PC monitor as a tv for playing xbox 360 games?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment