Saturday, February 22, 2014

Computer monitor for gaming?




Jared


Could someone list a good monitor(s) for gaming based on price.
I'm very interested in the new IPS panel type, however usually these give a 8ms response rate (Which isn't that poor for gaming?)

Would I be better off getting a tn monitor with a 2/1 ms response rate or a IPS monitor?

Give links to suggestions please
Will NOT be using 3d. Not at all interested especially if it makes monitor more costly
Screen size should be 20-24 inches. 24-27 inch monitors you can show too, but not as interested
All of the monitor top 10 generic lists I find rank the Viewsonic VX2453MH-LED 24-Inch Ultra-thin Widescreen LED Monitor great, however with this being a TN panel, i dislike the darkness you see when looking at it from a poor angle (I plan on laying on my bed sometimes to watch movies, bed is lower than level of monitor)



Answer
if you want a gaming monitor, you dont need a super ultra epic high end monitor. a game will look great on a standard monitor as long as it's 1080p

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5220691&CatId=4420

What are the real advantages of an IPS monitor? I will choose best answer.?




adam


I just built a computer that I will use for gaming and working (I'm an economics student), and I'm looking for a monitor. I will probably run two at some point. What are the advantages of an IPS monitor? Everyone says they are necessary for gaming nowadays, what tangible difference will I see? I am looking in the 22-23 inch range, sub-$200. Asus seems to have a lot on Newegg, but I notice that many non-IPS LED monitors sell for about the same price. Are they worth paying more for? Or would a similar LED with better contrast, lower ms, ect.... get the job done just as well? Recommendations are welcome!

Anyone who can explain this to me will get a quick 10.



Answer
In general, IPS is better for color accuracy and wider viewing angles. IPS are good all around monitors with little weakness. TN is better for gaming. Not that IPS is necessarily bad for gaming, they are just not quite as responsive as TN monitors. TN also has much worse viewing angles and limited color depth. If you will only be gaming, I would go TN. But if you need a monitor good for gaming as well as movies, photo editing, browsing, etc., IPS would be better.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Computer monitor for gaming?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment