Monday, February 10, 2014

Monitor HDMI xbox 360 gaming?




Pim


Heya guys,

I've got my xbox connected to my PC monitor with VGA. Now, I tried to hook it up to my big screen in the living room (not allowed by my mom) with HDMI to check out the graphics. I was blown away by the amazing graphics compared to my VGA connection. The quality increased mostly because of the 'Sharpness' option in the menu of the TV.

Now my question is:

If I buy a new PC monitor (cheaper than TV, and I don't use tv on my xbox) with HDMI, will the graphics be the same as on my big screen? And more important: Do the monitors of today have a built in 'Sharpness' option in the menu? To get the same sharpness as on my big screen? And I don't mean the resolution ofcourse.
I am thinking about getting the Samsung P2450H, wich has HDMI and a sharpness option. I can buy it pretty cheap from my friend. :)



Answer
it will probably not have that sharpness option, but it will look a lot a lot a lot better.

some monitors have sharpness levels, most don't because it isn't really needed with HDMI

VGA is an analog signal, it only gives you semi HD picture.

DVI and HDMI are digital which give you FULL HD picture. So even if you don't have that sharpness option, your game will look 999999999 times better on an HD monitor.

What is your budget so I can look up some nice monitors for you?

i found some here. you need to make sure your monitor has an HDMI plug in the back because there are problems hooking up xboxes to DVI plugs on monitors. most monitors do not have HDMI plugs in the back but ASUS ones do and I found a dell one with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VE228H-21-5-Inch-Integrated-Speakers/dp/B00413PHDM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352915192&sr=1-1&keywords=hd+monitor+hdmi

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS247H-P-24-Inch-Full-HD-Monitor/dp/B005BZNDS0/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352915192&sr=1-6&keywords=hd+monitor+hdmi

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-ST2220L-Widescreen-Panel-Monitor/dp/B004MXKSAS/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352915290&sr=1-12&keywords=hdmi+monitor

HDMI compatible gaming PC?




Brian


I have a HDMI capable monitor I would like to make use of. I purchased it for a Xbox 360 but it crashed. Now that I've ruled out getting another 360, and haven't been sold on the PS3 just yet, I'm looking to find out if I can get a gaming pc setup that would allow me to use HDMI. I know there are DVI to HDMI adapters but what motherboard and graphics card should I get in order to get true hd? Also, would I need a HD/Blu-Ray DVD drive?


Answer
they dont make blu-ray gaming discs for PC. if you buy a blu-ray drive you can watch movies, but not play the games. if i were you? i'd quit hiding behind indecision and just get the PS3. you wont be able to get most of the games that are on PS3 on PC(outside of multi-platformer's like call of duty or assassin's creed) games like heavenly sword, god of war 3, metal gear solid 4, resistance and killzone 2, folklore, lair, these will never see the PC.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Monitor HDMI xbox 360 gaming?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment