Saturday, February 22, 2014

I need a link to a high-end gaming PC company.?




icefox


I'm trying to prove a point about mac computers, if you can call them that. I need the name of a company that makes high end gaming PCs. like voodoo or falcon NW. Are there any others, I'm trying to demonstrate that taking up as little space as possible doesn't make it a good system. I often refer to Macs as big calculators.

Normally I should know, but I built my own comp, and I think I need a brand name to fight mac.

Please, if you have mac, and support mac computers, don't respond, you wont convince me or anybody else.



Answer
IceFox-

I build gaming machines, mainly as a hobby but I also build them for friends and family.

You don't need a brand name to fight Mac-N-Trash, you just have to understand that those crappy machines are like Dell, Gateway, HP, and all Laptops.

Here is the scoop. My uncle, (now retired), used to work for Dell Computers.

Mac's like the others are what we call Turn Key Systems. Basically they are for novice users that do not know how to build solid systems. So they have a company built machine that has a life of about 2.5 years before upgrades become necessary.

Since you build computers too, you already know what i am about to say is true. These companies, like Mac-N-Trash rope people into a system that is just enough to get them over the hump. Then as it always happens, the best friend comes over with the "Game" and the system will barely run it, or Windows will throw up a message stating there are not enough resources available to operate this program.

I used to build machines to what people would claim they were going to use the system for. "Oh mainly just the internet and some word processing, simple record keeping, you know."

Yep so you build this machine:

Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Processor w/ 533 Fsb.
Asus 848P Chipset Mobo
40 Gb Hdd
512 Mb PC-2700 Memory
ATI Radeon 2600 PRO Vid-Card
Sound-Blaster 2.1 Live Sound Card.

Just enough to give them a little overhead for say HALO, and that is about it, right?

Yeah, buddy brings over Doom 3 does the install, and bingo, Computer is Bogus.

So now you get then phone call, "Hey my machine won't play this game. What will it take to make it play this game?"

"Well sir, this is what you are going to need, but here is what I would recommend, its going to be a $1100.00 upgrade for your system."

"WHAT!!!!!!!!???????? I'm Calling DELL!"

Then he calls the computer manufacturer and find that they no longer support his old system, and they recommend this other newer system, (that still won't play Doom 3), but is about the same price I quoted him to "upgrade".

Ok now that is with the PC owners.

Mac-N-Trash is a whole different ball game. To upgrade a Mac, you deposit it in the trash, (the whole computer), including keyboard, mouse, monitor, printer and CPU then buy a whole new system that costs twice what the old one did. Then you rinse and repeat as the newer models come out.

The difference with PC's vs. Mac's is the fact you can build the base part of your computer ahead of the curve, use some of your older hardware, and upgrade it as necessary, until your base parts cannot be upgraded.

For example. Here is my current machine.

AMD Athlon X64 4400+ Toledo Processor, (Socket 939)
Asus A8V-E SE Motherboard
4Gb A-Data PC-3200 LL RAM
MaxCool 700 Watt PSU
250 Gb Hitachi Deskstar HDD, (U-ATA 133)
160 Gb Hitachi Deskstar HDD, (U-ATA133)
Creative Sound-Blaster XF-I Gamer Series Sound Card
PNY Technologies nVidia 8800GTS PCI Express 16 Vid Card
BFG Technologies Ageia Phis-x Card
Lite-On DVD/CD RW RAM Drive
Sun Microsystems 19 Inch Graphics Rendering Monitor, (CRT).
XClio Turbine 230 Case
Microsoft Sidewinder Gaming Laser 1800Dpi Mouse
Saitek Eclipse Keyboard
Saitek Cyborg EVO Joystick
Creative 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers.

Yes some of the things I have in this system are cutting edge, but many of the hardware items are behind the curve. However, my system is 64 bit ready, and I am only running a 32 bit Operating System with Windows XP Professional.

The Motherboard and Processor are still going to operate Windows Vista just fine, same with the Memory, the system is SATA Drive Ready, so any time I need to upgrade, I can do that with out an issue. Its just a matter of purchasing parts.

You cannot do that with a premanufactured computer. Even a Mac. So much of the system is proprietary you are litterally forced into purchasing their parts, or upgrading your system completely.

Now do I have customized parts on this machine? You bet!

But if you take that same parts list and give it to Dell, Gateway or any of the others, you are going to be looking at a system that will cost you nearly $4000.00 to purchase.

I built this entire system for about $1500.00.

It will do anything I throw at it. Play games, movies, burn DVD's, burn CD's, surf the net, whatever I want.

My point?

Build the gaming machine and you will never get a call back asking to have an upgrade later.

My secret?

www.newegg.com

If you haven't shopped there, you haven't shopped for electronics!

Fried Electronics cannot even beat them!

As for the Mac Users, out there reading this, don't bother to send me any of your opinions. Been there, seen it, got the T-Shirt. There is a reason Mac's have a bite out of the Apple. That is the chunk they took out of your booty when you bought it!

Oh, yeah just for the record, the PSU is on its 2nd System, the HDD's are on their 6th system, the Memory is on its 2nd System, the Optical drive, 7th system, the HDD cables, 15th system, Monitor 4th System, Keyboard, 3rd System, Case, 2nd System, Mouse, 2nd System, Joystick, 6th System, Motherboard, Processor, Vid Card, 1st System, sound card 2nd System.

The other system that the majority of this Hardware came from was upgraded from a P-4 2.4 Ghz then to a P-4 3.0E Ghz System. Everything else has seen AMD 80486 DX-66-2 systems, Pentium 1, 2, 3, 1st Gen P-4. Try doing that with old Mac Parts!

Personally, if they just stick to their I-POOD they will have a good thing. But I would say that Creative is going to give them a run for their money in short order in that department too.

I hope that helps!

What happened to the Huge Alien Monitor?




Rami


Hey guys, you know the 2880*900 display alienware monitor which was supposed to be released in late 2008. what happened to that? I can't seem to find any answers online.


Answer
I haven't seen any news about that monitor after May 2008. Looks like the higher-ups at Dell decided to quietly kill the project.

Most likely they decided that it will have a very limited sales so they canned it-- You can't really use a curved wraparound monitor like that for anything but PC games that would specifically support that resolution. Most people would probably opt for a flat-panel WQXGA 2560x1600 monitor instead because they can also use that for normal applications.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need a link to a high-end gaming PC company.?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment