Friday, February 14, 2014

Is it possible to connect a Playstation 2 to a PC/laptop using a RCA to DVI converter?




futureguy1


I have a fat PS2 and I want to use my monitor as a playing screen but video capture cards like the ones shown here, http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=video+capture+card&qid=1349578519&rh=k%3Avideo+capture+card%2Cn%3A172282&sort=reviewrank_authority, are just incredibly expensive. Instead, I was wondering if I could use something like this: http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-6-Inch-Component-Breakout-Adapter/dp/B00213KFHW/ref=sr_1_16?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1349578572&sr=1-16&keywords=rca+to+dvi (Not exactly what I'm talking about, but very similar).

Would this work?

If you want, leave some alternatives (preferably cheap, under $20). All help is appreciated.
Whoops. I made a huge mistake. I meant RCA to VGA instead!

Thanks to the first reply, it make me realize this!
Okay Okay. I clearly have no clue what I'm doing, and I should have checked my PS2 before posting this.

What I'm looking for according to the back of my PS2, is an AV cable (the one that leads to normal RCA inputs) that would connect to my PS2. I'm guessing that I would need the same AV cable that I already have and some sort of additional cable/converter for the RCA to PC. So actually, my question is, what cable should I get for the RCA to PC conversion?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the help so far!



Answer
You want a PS2 to VGA or DVI or HDMI out that will drive your monitor. Since you don't say what type of monitor you have (VGA? Really?), I have to guess that this is it:
http://pinouts.ru/Game/playstation_vga_cable_pinout.shtml
"The PlayStation 2 VGA cable carries RGBHV video via a VGA connector. It is only compatible with progressive scan games and PS2 Linux." says http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2_accessories#VGA_Cable That one shows the limitation of a cable without a converter box between the PS2 and the VGA monitor.
A converter box: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011407&p_id=7113&seq=1&format=2
A Playstation 2 to RCA component cable: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10830&cs_id=1083003&p_id=4009&seq=1&format=2
Total will be less than $45 plus shipping for a moderate quality picture on the monitor.
Your link to video capture cards showed only cameras and PCI capture card reference for desktops.

How can I avoid paying the TV licence as I do not watch broadcast TV?




Nosferatu


All the tv is for is for my pc and my xbox. It has the tuner capability to watch broadcast tv so if i remove it from the tv (hire someone to take it apart and remove it) then the tv can no longer function properly to receive broadcast channels and i can still use for my games and pc? I do not intend at all to watch broadcast tv on it so I do not want to pay for it.


Answer
Yes, you can and you don't even have to dismantle your TV to do it.

You do not need a TV Licence if you only use your TV to watch videos and DVDs or as a monitor for a games console.

You can tell the TV Licencing Authority that you do not need a TV Licence by using their online declaration form. One of their Enforcement Officers may visit you to confirm that you do not need a licence.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it possible to connect a Playstation 2 to a PC/laptop using a RCA to DVI converter?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment