Saturday, February 22, 2014

Is this a nice gaming computer?




Negro P


CPU-Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66GHz
RAM-2x2GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1333MHz
GPU-2x ATi Radeon HD 4870 CrossFire
Motherboard-Intel DX38BT
Hard Drive-WD VelociRaptor 10K RPM
Case-Thermaltake Armor Series Full Tower
Power Supply-Antec 1000W TruePower
CPU Fan-Zalman CNPS9700
Monitor-28" ViewSonic Piano Black 1920x1200

My goal was too keep it under $3000, and I did. I think I made a pretty nice computer.
That dude said I could get these specs for under $2000? He doesn't know what he's talking about. And I don't need 500GB of storage space, people don't realize that that is absurd for the average person. And too the guy that said I should get at least a core 2 duo, I have a Core 2 Quad...
To the guy that said Core 2 Duo's are better, I have something too say. I know of two games, Crysis, and Unreal Tournament 3, that are encoded too use all 4 cores, and games that are coming out will also be encoded too use all 4 cores. And, why would gamers who want the best hardware buy core 2 extreme quad-cores, when they could buy E8500s? Because some of the newer games, and the new games coming out take advantage of all 4 cores.
LOL, one guy said that I need too upgrade my 2 4870s too one 8800GT. LOL.
NO, NO UPGRADES. I will have this computer for the next 25 years.



Answer
Oh yeah--you be rocking. Id trash the quad and go with an E8500 Core 2 Duo. Games aren't quad pumped so a quad is a waste of 2 cores. On Exotic Air I got the 8500 over 4 Ghz and run it at 3.8 24/7-(9.5X400 with 1600FSB) -try that with that quad. Quads don't overclock as well as duals. You want a giant dual for an extreme gamer. I just built a rig with an Asus X48 board 4GBs of dominator and 2 4870s in CF--Runs Crysis at very high so make sure you have your seatbelt handy. I'd consider an Asus board thou. Thats all I use. I assume that Intel board is one of the few Intel boards you can overclock. It would be a pity to built a rig like that and not be able to clock.
Oh if you already have the quad then clock the heck out of it--got the cooler for it.
Youre right about the dude saying you can build it for 2 grand. How does getting a friend to build it for you make the parts $1000 less?LOL
The people ragging on the cost need to get a clue. TRUE high-end gaming rigs cost a LOT of money to build. Youre not going to own Crysis or get 18,711 on 3Dmark2006 with a $500 Dell.
I have an Extreme in my XP gaming rig. If I thought a QX9770 would be the way to go that is what I would have put in this rig, I read a comparision of 2 gaming towers doing gaming benchmarks one with the 9770 and one with the 8500 and clocked at the same speed the 9770 had nothing on the 8500 so why spend 1200 more for nothing? So you can encode Crysis to run on all 4 cores? I max it out and I don't have to do any silly encoding. When the new Intels come out is when I'll add cores. I wanna run fast now not 6 months from now.
LOL--here's some benchmarks for the guy who suggests "upgrading" to a single 8800GT:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3341&p=20
Nice thing about the X38 board is it runs both slots at X16. I contacted ATI anf asked them if the P45 board with X8 per slot could handle the massive bandwidth of the 4870s DDR5 and they confirmed that it wouldn't and 2 in CF on a P45 board would be a total waste of money. Thats why i went with the X48 board. Nice build. Good luck with it.

Good Gaming Computers?




Evan


I just want some suggestions for what type of gaming computer I should get. I am looking for desktops, so not any laptops please. I want actual computer names, not sites where to look. I want computer names and where to get them and why they would be considered good because I don't know much about computers. I would like to know what brand of computer to get like Alienware, Cyberpower PC, iBuyPower, Asus, HP. I want to know the best out there for maybe under $3000. Thanks in advance.


Answer
You wont like this advice i am about to give for that Budget the only computer you should be getting is one you build your self .
You can get a decent computer that will play all games on Maximum settings for $1500 easily and i cant recommend Brand names as i build Gaming Rigs .




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is this a nice gaming computer?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment