Sunday, February 9, 2014

Gaming laptop or gaming desktop?




XB0XWARL0R


Ok here's the thing guys, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are slowly on their way. My computers, laptop and desktop, can't handle either. So I figure it's about time to get my first gaming pc. My spending limit is about 2500. I am looking for an XPS, but not sure if I want a laptop or desktop. Here's what I figure so far:

Laptop Pros: Portable, looks cool
Cons: Expensive, can't compete with desktops(hardware wise), not upgradeable

Desktop Pros: Better hardware for cheaper price, upgradeable
Cons: Need to buy a monitor, not very portable

This is pretty much my reasons for getting/not getting both. Besides the fact that having a gaming laptop means bragging rights at every coffee shop, what do ya'll suggest? I'm looking for answers from people who are good with computers.

Thanks,
Mike



Answer
Get a desktop. Gaming laptops look cool, but it is only a matter of time before new games come out with higher hardware requirements, that your laptop can't handle. Gaming desktops have better hardware and last longer than gaming laptops.

Portable gaming desktops, go to Lanslide PCs
http://www.lanslidepcs.com/computer.asp?type=I

All their desktops are for gaming and are portable too.

Should i upgrade my PC or a buy a xbox 360?







Hey guys i wanna buy a xbox 360 but my friends are suggesting me a pc upgrade.I am just willing to upgrade my processor and graphic card for gaming.

what should i do?



Answer
That's a tough call. I used to be a PC gamer, but went to an Xbox 360. I miss the control of the keyboard/mouse (plus joystick/whatever I want), and I think PCs are generally capable of better graphics and performance. However, there are a lot of things I like about the Xbox platform and community.

The pros to PC gaming, as I see it: Better performance (sometimes), many games are free or subscription-only, better gaming controls, no Xbox Live premiums to pay

Pros for Xbox: Better gaming community, one Xbox Live subscription covers ALL online gaming (no game subscriptions), Xbox Live is closely monitored (hacker-free), more portable, no slowdowns from background processes, more stable (fewer freezes), virus-immune.

It's pretty much a tie, in my opinion. If your friends are all PC gamers, that would tip the scale in favor of PC, as you want to still be able to play with them. I'd look at the costs involved, and see which is the better deal. You don't want to half-ass a computer upgrade because of budget constraints. You don't need the best of everything in a PC, but upgrading your processor and graphics card isn't going to make you happy if your system is starved for RAM.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Gaming laptop or gaming desktop?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment