Thursday, February 6, 2014

What is better for gaming, A monitor, or a TV?




Jaskson


I was wondering what is better to play video games on, a computer monitor, or a TV. I have a ps3 and i have been looking around and i noticed that monitors come between 19" and 24" and the smallest TVs seem to be 32".I will be using it for my ps3 as well as hooking it up to my laptop occasionally and hopefully soon a desktop. The main reason that im looking at a tv is because monitors dont have component inputs, so i could not hook up my pvr to the tv. I dont want anything too big though. I wanted to see which is better and what you can recommend.


Answer
For a screen, go with a 42" plasma by panasonic, its the smallest they make, with a 15.8 GBps or greater transfer rate HDMI cable. Panasonic bought Pioneer's panel technology when they went out of business. Plasmas don't have that screen burn issue any more either. Plasmas have 0.00001ms or something like that pixel response, and true 600hz refresh rate. (600 pictures per second). The problem with 240hz and 120hz tv's is its all picture processing and creates a fair amount of input lag and unnatural movement. LCD TV's are terrible for gaming, no matter what the refresh rate. If you want a small screen, which would give you a very sharp, crisp picture, get a Samsung 2770FH monitor, its a 27", with a 10.2 GBps transfer rate HDMI cable. They are a 1ms pixel response time monitor, 60hz which is ps3's native output refresh rate, and the reason pixel response is important is because the lower the response time, the sharper the picture stays. I owned one and it was a wonderful screen, and I noticed a big difference between it and the samsung 23" 2ms monitor immediately playing F1 2010. I played black ops on a friends tv that was a 8ms and it was absolutely terrible, got so blurry trying to aim you couldn't tell what was what. Anywho, hope this helps, get internet that is at least 1 mega byte download speed, and always set whatever screen you get to game mode.

What's better for Gaming? (TV v Monitor)?




Alex C


http://www.walmart.com/ip/Asus-VK278Q/15421270

or

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-32-Class-LED-720p-60Hz-HDTV-3.7-ultra-slim-UN32EH4003/21081426



Answer
The Monitor. The monitor does 1080, the TV only does 720.

Not like there's a GIGANTIC difference, but there's also not a gigantic difference losing 5 inches of screen.

So, I say monitor. I play all my games on a 24" monitor, and they look better than on my friend's 38" Vizio. That could all also be settings, because my PS3 looks better on the monitor than his TV, and so does his PS3. Though, the extra screen space is nice for Co-op.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is better for gaming, A monitor, or a TV?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment