Sunday, February 16, 2014

Good HDTV for gaming?




Don


I am about to invest in my first ever HDTV. The most important factor for me is the TVs gaming capabilities. Right now I am very strongly considering purchasing the Panasonic VIERA TC-P46S30 46-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV. I would like to see honest opinions about this TV from people who have experience with it or other Panasonic plasmas. There are two things I am worried about with this TV; image retention and daylight viewing. If I am watching the TV in an average room with curtains closed during the day would the viewing quality suffer? And I know Panasonic is supposed to e basically killed image retention in their TVs, does anyone know how true that is, or do I still have a risk of image retention with this model?


Answer
Today the new screens are LED and LCD. LCD is better than HD but of course that comes with the higher price. For gaming, you are heading in the right direction with the big screen.

One thing you should keep in mind is the amount of ports on the tv and where they are located. Generally they are in the back. (I bought a Samsung 32 " without realizing that it only had 1 component port. HD television boxes use the component port instead of coaxial cable. So when I wanna play x-box i have to disconnect all the cables, and insert the xbox ones.

Why is there a kill screen at the end of Pac Man?




Jacob


Did the game developers make it that way on purpose or is it a glitch?


Answer
If my memory serves me correctly. A "Kill Screen" is the point in a game where the game chip can not hold anymore info so the game just ends.

There is the same kind of thing in Donkey Kong. and to my knowledge only 2 or 3 DK kill screens have been recorded (I'm not sure about Pac Man though)

Now remember, everything i just told you is based on research i did about 2 or 3 years ago so my memory is fuzzy, and some (Or a lot) of the info may be off a bit... I would suggest watching the documentary "The King of Kong" It explains kill screens and is just a all around great movie to boot.

I hope I helped you in some way




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good HDTV for gaming?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment