Monday, February 10, 2014

Christmas List 2010? iPhone 5 or Gaming computer?

Q. I'm 13 i am extremely tech savvy.

should i ask for an iPhone 5 (assuming it will come out in July, in which case I will ask for an iPhone gift card)

OR

should I ask for parts to build myself a Gaming PC? ( i am experienced, and have built several other less powerful PC's on my own)


I don't have a phone now because my parents only allowed me to get a phone once I turned 13 and my B-day was in mid-october but I haven't got a phone because i don't want to get committed to a new 2-yr contract until i get a phone i actually want.

I play very demanding games and am a HUGE fan of the Crysis series. i want this computer to be prepared for Crysis 2. I currently play these games on my Macbook Pro (its a 2010 Core i7 model) but it STILL cannot run those games as well as I want them to.


heres the specs of my ideal computer:

Antec 1200 full tower case
Asus X58 compatible motherboard (i'm not too picky)
Intel Core i7-920 (I will definitely overclock)
6GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
2x ATI 6850 CrossfireX (i will overclock these too)
Xi-Fi sound card (i have a very nice speaker system in my room)
1TB HDD
80GB SSD
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard
Razer Mamba Gaming mouse
900W Power supply


Its one or the other.

which should i chose??? i've been trying to decide for 2 months now.

thanks
yes.... the iPhone is quite obviously "like a computer" but i will definitely not be able to play Crysis at full settings on an iPhone.

some people need to learn more about computers...... geez!......


Answer
Phone is just a phone, it can make you a company when you are bored but computer is just whole world - not a small box with screen. I love computer gaming and don't care about phones too much - I have simple touchscreen for $100 and I am happy.
Gaming computer - very nice config you have got there.
Few notes - i7 920 is not produced any more, in fact even i7 930 is disappearing. They are both replaced with i7 950 - for the same price around $300.
ATI 6850 is great, if you could pull another $100 and get 6870 you'd not regret.
Motherboards - ASUS Sabertooth is good, EVGA is good too.
SSD - Crucial C300 is one of the fastest and not expensive, supports SATA-III

If you want some advice and a selection of the greatest gaming computers - look below for the link - low priced and with great quality. Free overclock too, just pick a better cooler and watch that i7 950 fly to 4.0GHz easy!
Good luck, happy holidays! Wish you to get both items above at once :-)

Will This Computer Run 2010 Games Good?







OS:Windows Xp
Processor:Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.06GHz
Ram:2GB
DirectX:10
Chip Type:NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
Total Memory:512MB
Display Mode:1440 x 900 (32bit) (59Hz)



Answer
I'd say no if your definition of running games good is running them on maximum settings.

You have 2 reasons why this is the case: your CPU (Celeron D) and your GPU (9400GT). Both are very weak PC components that were not meant for heavy gaming (not even for it's time). The Celeron D was not a very powerful CPU to begin with and the 9400GT is the low-end GPU of the Geforce 9 series.

If you upgrade these 2 components and maybe boost your RAM up to 4GB, your PC will be blazing through games released in 2010 (and beyond) with virtually no struggle.

I hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Christmas List 2010? iPhone 5 or Gaming computer?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment