Saturday, August 31, 2013

24'' vs. 27'' monitor for gaming?

gaming monitor 24 vs 27
 on Please note this review was made before the official premiere, the ...
gaming monitor 24 vs 27 image
Q. Both monitors cost the same and are of the same brand, it's just a size difference. I hear alot of forums saying that 24'' is better since a 27'' is too big (have to look around the screen). However, I've seen a few (but not as many as the ones choosing the 24'') saying that bigger is better due to picture quality? I don't have much experience with screens, thanks in advance!


Answer
I bought a 32" and love it because the more the better with screen size, for shooters I was a little dizzy for a bit but bigger is better. Unless you are a pro, in which case you should listen to the pros.

27" vs 24" gaming/editing monitor?




freshpoo4u


so I'm getting a pc soon and it's going to be used for everything from heavy gaming to editing in photoshop and Sony Vegas. I have the necessary specs for what I want. Now all I need is the monitor and I have no idea what to do. The 1440p monitors are WAY too expensive. I have heard however about those Korean brands...but I'm scared to try those out. I really want a 27 inch monitor (preferably Ips) but I guess 24" is fine. I haven't really made up my mind. My budget is 350 and less. Any suggestion? Personal experiences? Anything helps.


Answer
For hybrid gaming/editing use, the best monitor you could get would be an IPS-panel with 1920x1200 (16:10) resolution at 24". Never buy a TN-panel.

A 27" IPS-monitor with 2560x1600 (or 2560x1440) will be a problem in heavy games due to the high resolution (requires more power, or a non-native resolution choice). It also costs more (but would be the best option for editing).

Two good (and cheap) 24" monitors that I can personally recommend (tried both):
* DELL U2412M ULTRASHARP (24").
* HP ZR2440W (24").
Find the best/cheapest online computer store you trust, list IPS-panels by price, and look at the cheapest ones that has 1920x1200 resolution. That is a good starting point.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 24'' vs. 27'' monitor for gaming?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment