Monday, August 19, 2013

What was the first PC game to offer 1280x720 (720p) resolution?

720p gaming monitor
 on FOM 15.0 Black Ops II
720p gaming monitor image



David


I was just curious as to which game was the first one to have an "HD" resolution. I tried googling it, but that was pretty useless.
I don't mean using a 3rd party program to expand the resolution. I mean what was the first game that if I would have went to the video options menu it would have let me crank the resolution up that high. Because I remember Diablo 2 not being able to go that high.



Answer
Uh, all of them? that the beauty of PC games, the resolution can scale to whatever you have at the time.
oh and HD is anything higher than 480p, a quality thats been true of computer monitors for 2 decades now.

What Parts do i need to build a good gaming computer?




Jacob


I was wondering what parts i would need for a gaming desktop from WWW.NewEgg.com. I don't really care about a price range if it is cheaper than 2 Grand.


Answer
This seems to be a decent mid-range PC. Try this. I do not suggest trying out a very highend PC because it's price/performance ratio drops pretty bad.

http://compreviews.about.com/od/tutorials/a/DIYBudgetGamePC.htm

Also since that guide doesn't mention the monitor. I suggest a monitor which has a highest/natural resolution of at least 720p (1280x720) or at best 1080p (1920x1080) . Or something in between.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What was the first PC game to offer 1280x720 (720p) resolution?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment