Saturday, August 17, 2013

Can i turn off my laptop screen while using a TV as a external monitor?

using tv as pc gaming monitor
 on Computer Laptop: Computer Cartoon
using tv as pc gaming monitor image






Can i have my laptop screen turned off/blank (ie: just a plain black screen) while using my tv as an external monitor? Because when i connect my laptop to my PC and change my resolution to my tvs resolution and watch a video/play a game, the graphics on my Laptop glitch out a bit and flicker and it gets pretty annoying.


Answer
Yes theres a key combination to do it the FN key and on mine a Toshiba its F5 on yours it may be another F key.
There are three modes:
Monitor only
Monitor and external screen
External screen only

just press the two keys till you get the combination you desire and again to get back.

Can a TV be used as a monitor for a gaming desktop?




Matt


I have a Samsung 52" HD TV and want to get into PC gaming but I'm on a budget. I don't want to waste $100+ on a Monitor If I don't need to. So anyway, can I use the TV to play desktop games.


Answer
If it has an HDMI port in the back then yes it can also be used as a monitor. If it doesn't then no you can't. If it's a relatively new tv then I should think it capable since most tv's are made with the proper ports now to enable computer hook up.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can i turn off my laptop screen while using a TV as a external monitor?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment