Thursday, January 30, 2014

good monitor? good for gaming?




samrrozzi


I am looking to upgrade my pc monitor FINALLY. I have a pretty high end pc gaming rig and only a 15inch gateway lcd lol. So I am looking for a decent monitor. some that that looks nice AND performs well. My budget is around 150$ - 160$ish. Try to be nothing more if possible. (the lower the better )

I am looking for a screen size of atleast 19inches no bigger then 24 maybe?

also I would like for it to have good color levels. I dont like it when blacks look grey and not black



Answer
For gaming, go for a widescreen.
I've personally a widescreen 20", but it will go over your budget i guess. It's gaming monitor from NEC 20WGX2.

If your looking about 150-160$ look for a widescreen Samsung with about 2ms response time.These panels are not bad. Other good companys are Eizo (expensive), Viewsonic, Iiyama and Sony (expensive).

Best Monitors For Photo Retouching?




Brad


Please help!

I need to select a monitor for photo retouching. I'm a seasoned photographer stuck with a subpar monitor of a Macbook Pro. Not discounting Macs or trying to get into a Windows vs. Mac debate. All I want is a recommendation for a monitor with the truest possible color for my budget.

I know I don't have a lot but my budget tops out at about $250.
This means I can probably get something better but refurbished.

Please let me know your thoughts.
I've heard good things about Dell Ultrasharps.



Answer
With you budget, you are out of the game

My guess is you need to up your fees so you can spend $800 to $2,500 on a good monitor that has a wide AdobeRGB gamut.

Some Dell Ultrasharps do have such wide gamuts, but they are rather small, 21.5 inches.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=us&category_id=4009&cs=04&l=en&navla=201807~0~13334723&nf=201807~0~13334723&ref=bkt&s=bsd&~ck=anav

Here are the monitors my professional retouch artists use.

http://www.eizo.com/global/products/coloredge/index.html

One of my colleagues just bought one of the new Lenovo ThinkVision LT3053p monitors and is very happy with it




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: good monitor? good for gaming?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment